Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Differance between flying an Extra and an Edge

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Differance between flying an Extra and an Edge

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Wayne63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differance between flying an Extra and an Edge

Hi fellow flyers I have a question. What are the differences in flight between an Extra and an Edge? Love the lines of these planes I am more of a sport pattern flyer not so much 3D.

Thanks Wayne
Old 01-27-2016, 04:05 PM
castlebravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some will say that the Edge is a better 3D airframe and the Extra is better for precision...due to the characteristics of the straight leading edge vs the tapered.....but it really does depend on the model....I've flown both in 40% size in IMAC Sportsman class and really didnt see a significant difference....maybe a better pilot would. I would say...go with the one that is pleasing to your eye.....the flight characteristics differences will be minimal...

CB
Old 01-29-2016, 06:44 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

In my experience they have minimal differences. I have 3 of each of different sizes. I can say the Edge is a bit "looser" feeling, and doesn't have quite the stability. The Edge will stall/snap just a tad sooner then the Extra's... The Extra seems to be a bit more stable. Either one set up nicely though flies excellent, and lands nicely. Both models need just a tad of speed on approach, nothing extreme. They are very close in flight though in my opinion.