Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing is disgusting.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 06:16 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing is disgusting.

Early this month, I placed an order with the king and ordered some decals from France on the same day. France is 3,000 plus miles away while the east HK warehouse is 135 miles away. Guess which order got here first.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:24 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hobbyking?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Check to see that your order completed processing. I've had a glitch on an order where it hangs in the "pending" status. A call or chat session with their customer service had the problem fixed in a few minutes.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:46 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Early this month, I placed an order with the king and ordered some decals from France on the same day. France is 3,000 plus miles away while the east HK warehouse is 135 miles away. Guess which order got here first.
C'mon man,,, you've been here a long time, I'm thinking you're full aware of all the HK issues,, but you still take advantage of their great prices,,, and then complain about speed of their shipping on one order?? Why not post the tracking numbers,,, what exactly was the issue? them getting it out the door quickly? or the shipper screwing up? Did you get everything you paid for? Was it one day longer or 10??
Old 02-28-2016, 08:16 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty of H/K bashing threads, why start a new one?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM
topspin

Man that sucks because there are so many other low price outfits that don't have these long shipping delays. I guess the Post office and all of the shipping companies just have it in for poor old Hobby King because it's always the shippers fault no matter what. I wonder why other discount RC places don't have those same problems?

I also wonder why everyone else's shipping prices seem to be cheaper?
Old 02-28-2016, 11:36 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Don't shop there ever again, no more disgusting things will happen.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TLH101
There are plenty of H/K bashing threads, why start a new one?
There's always room for one more.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:37 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by topspin
Man that sucks because there are so many other low price outfits that don't have these long shipping delays. I guess the Post office and all of the shipping companies just have it in for poor old Hobby King because it's always the shippers fault no matter what. I wonder why other discount RC places don't have those same problems?

I also wonder why everyone else's shipping prices seem to be cheaper?
Gosh, probably because the price of the item purchased is two or three times higher? You can start there.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:49 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by porcia83
Gosh, probably because the price of the item purchased is two or three times higher? You can start there.
Gee I hate to throw reality into the discussion but I don't think the post office, or UPS, or FedEx, or any other shipper cares how much you paid or didn't pay for an item. And FWIW, there are plenty of online hobby retailers that are within a buck or two, plus or minus, of your glorious Hobby Kings everyday low low prices and they don't overcharge for shipping. Please save the BS for anyone stupid enough to believe it. I can ship a two ounce diamond for the same cost as a two ounce fishing sinker.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:18 PM
porcia83
Banned

LoL....
Old 02-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Murphey
My Feedback: (11)

...so refreshing...a good 'ole Hobby King complaint! Kinda missed them what with all the FAA stuff...Glad you're back Hobby King! I think I'm ready to talk oil ratios now! No wait...how bout "What prop should I use..."
Murphey
Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Jennifer Curtis

Lets combine controversies:

Hobby king is a downwind turn caused
by synthetic oil and spiral slipstream.

Jenny
Old 02-29-2016, 07:47 AM
porcia83
Banned

If someone could work in the FAA or the AMA it would be a perfect storm.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Murphey
My Feedback: (11)

Not sure I can work in AMA or FAA, but I do know that there is no need to use a separate ignition battery for gassers because 2.4 is impervious to ignition noise.
Murphey
Old 02-29-2016, 12:40 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennifer Curtis
Lets combine controversies:

Hobby king is a downwind turn caused
by synthetic oil and spiral slipstream.

Jenny
Now THAT'S worth discussing!!!!

Old 03-06-2016, 07:15 AM
JMCHASE

Cool

I would like to suggest a separate section in the forum dedicated to HK .......
Old 03-11-2016, 07:47 AM
topspin

So sweep the dirt under the rug eh,,, I suppose if you're a stakeholder that would be nice.

I just saw a post in which the guy contacted HK's help desk regarding a problem with an order. They told him that the only way they can process his order is for him to send them a copy of his drivers license and a copy of his bank statement.... Really?? They have got to be kidding, who in their right mind would send that kind of information to someone in a foreign country over the internet?

As far as I know they are the only RC company that I have ever dealt with that has such outrageous customer service policies. My favorite is when they ask you to weigh a package and take pictures of a part that didn't show up , or make a video of a servo or receiver not working, those are classic. But providing a bank statement and drivers license is way over the top. Time to take your money elsewhere where they don't ask for such inanities, they just make it right.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

So sweep the dirt under the rug eh,,, I suppose if you're a stakeholder that would be nice.

I just saw a post in which the guy contacted HK's help desk regarding a problem with an order. They told him that the only way they can process his order is for him to send them a copy of his drivers license and a copy of his bank statement.... Really?? They have got to be kidding, who in their right mind would send that kind of information to someone in a foreign country over the internet?

As far as I know they are the only RC company that I have ever dealt with that has such outrageous customer service policies. My favorite is when they ask you to weigh a package and take pictures of a part that didn't show up , or make a video of a servo or receiver not working, those are classic. But providing a bank statement and drivers license is way over the top. Time to take your money elsewhere where they don't ask for such inanities, they just make it right.
Ah yes...the shill allegation. Classic.

When was the last time you used them?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by porcia83
Ah yes...the shill allegation. Classic.

When was the last time you used them?
Never, I don't use shills.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

So sweep the dirt under the rug eh,,,
Wouldn't it be showing all the complaint threads in one section to give guys a real perspective on how bad or good a vendor really is? I'd think you'd like that.. Isn't that why other sites have Vendor sections?
Old 03-11-2016, 11:16 AM
JMCHASE

Honistly how many times does the clubhouse get complaints about HK its OLD NEWS thats why it needs its own section in the forum. Keep the " dirt " out of the club house.
The definition of insanity is making the same mistake over and over again and expecting a different result.....by the way that was Einstein that said that
Old 03-11-2016, 12:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

Never, I don't use shills.
HK is a shill?

Never used them? I thought you used them once and reportedly got a bum deal on a $12.00 ESC about 8 years ago and that was the reason you've been railing against them ever since.

Not a bad idea to have a forum for vendor complaints though, can't understand how that would be sweeping anything under the rug. Some of the forums here for heli's, cars, tanks etc have vendor support threads. Odd thing though, I don't see anyone complaining about those vendors having people deal with product and service issues in them. Can only wonder if the same would be said if HK got one here. It was confusing to see some complain about them dealing with product and service support at RCG.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:47 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by JMCHASE
Honistly how many times does the clubhouse get complaints about HK its OLD NEWS thats why it needs its own section in the forum. Keep the " dirt " out of the club house.
The definition of insanity is making the same mistake over and over again and expecting a different result.....by the way that was Einstein that said that
Not a bad idea, not sure why there isn't a dedicated one here. Maybe suggest one to the mods? It could just be labled "Vendors"....could cover them all I guess?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:12 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy these threads once in a while it reminds me why i dont buy from HK and never to buy from them . . I have made it 40 years in this hobby without ordering anything from them and more than likely will die happy with no stress waiting by my mail box or dealing with stuff thats brand new but does not work . I hear their customer service is a piece of work also. I might pay a little more suporting my local hobby shop but after working and saving for 50 or so years i really dont care if i leave the kids a dime. lmao joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.