Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing is disgusting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:58 PM
jim billings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Not looking down on anyone just stating an opinion that continued dealing with Hobby Klunk when you know the pitfalls then complaining when it happens to you again is a slow learner. Accept when dealing with Hobby Klunk things may go south and all the complaining in the world isn't going to change anything."

I agree. There are so many Hobby King complaints that someone MUST be a slow learner. I don't have any complaints so I must be an intellectual. And joebahl is to be envied. And by the way, I have found Tower Hobbies to be very competitive on large orders (discounts, free shipping, etc.) and Hobby King to be very competitive with smaller stuff (retracts, LiPo batteries, wire, connectors, etc.) Other companies can provide your needs so it pays to shop around. If you flub the dub, then pull in your horns and take it like a man. (Remember, this is an intellectual talking, so pay attention!)
Old 03-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jim billings
" I don't have any complaints so I must be an intellectual.
Well maybe just setting ones standards low enough so you’re never disappointed eh!!!!! LOL

Sorry couldn't resist.

Dennis
Old 03-13-2016, 05:22 PM
jim billings

Very good. I respect an honest response.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:15 PM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been buying from HK for years and up until yesterday have not an issue with them. Actually the issue was my fault and not HK. I broke the antenna on my transmitter. Now the transmitter is a 72 MHz Futaba 9C that came to me several years ago as part of a deal from a friend getting out of the hobby. Rather than relegate the 9C to the shelf I installed a HK Fr Sky 2.4 module, bought a few receivers as well as few FASST compatible receivers for my 2.4 Futaba and never looked back. The 9C conversion with a telemetry receiver was about $50. That combo has been controlling an AeroWorks Extra 300, 1/4 scale Decathlon and a host of sport airplanes with nary a glitch. The FASST receives are 1/3 the price of Futaba's and again, nary a glitch. A replacement antenna for the 9C module was just over $2.00. I've also not had a problem with shipments and yes, I do a considerable amount of business with Tower as I've done for years. Now about the "cheap" part of this seemingly never ending discussion. Many years ago I bought a "cheap" .46 Magnum 2-smoker that has been in a bunch of different airplanes and has resided in a Big Stik for a couple years to replace a real dog of an O.S. .46. I also have a Magnum 61 2-stroke in a large trainer that I use to haul a glider - space shuttle style. That is the original engine to the airframe and has an extremely high number of flights on it. I just bought an ASP 1.08 2-stroke and broke it in over the weekend. This is a brute of an engine -- started on the second flip. Cost? $69.00 which is the same price I paid for the .46 and .61 Magnums stateside years ago. Cheap does not have to mean bad. I could go on about my Magnum 4-strokes but what's the use. Apparently one needs to be a "big spender" to enjoy this hobby. And I'll bet us "cheapskates" have just as much fun as the big spenders and one thing is for certain -- we feel a lot less bad if something goes wrong. Fly often & fly safely folks.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats what these threads are all about .people who are tired of HK for one reason or the other and i said i will sepend a fewdollars more to buy else where than to cry here. Are they slow yea i dont know how many times they got the short end of the stick from HK . joe
Old 03-14-2016, 06:27 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I can confirm that they do ship from USA, as thy use a US carrier. I suppose its possible they were out of stock and had to order from China first.

I have received things from USA fairly quickly too.

Personally Ive never had an issue with HK except a bad lipo. You only have X days to report a bad lipo, and it takes X+1 days to get the lipo.

Easy fix. Order another one, and a few days later make a report of a bad lipo, but says its the one you just ordered. They will give you credit after a bit.

dishonest? Maybe but he who screws will get screwed.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:36 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by essyou35
I can confirm that they do ship from USA, as thy use a US carrier. I suppose its possible they were out of stock and had to order from China first.

I have received things from USA fairly quickly too.

Personally Ive never had an issue with HK except a bad lipo. You only have X days to report a bad lipo, and it takes X+1 days to get the lipo.

Easy fix. Order another one, and a few days later make a report of a bad lipo, but says its the one you just ordered. They will give you credit after a bit.

dishonest? Maybe but he who screws will get screwed.
Even tho i have never bought anything from them i still might try buying some wire and conecters from them and give them a try.Iam different than alot on here as i scratch build most of my planes and just need parts . We do have Value hobby in IL and with correct change i can go to their door and pick my order up .
Or go there and pound on their door if a orders screwed up .lol joe
Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 AM
hatchet47

I thought I would share my latest experience of HobbyKing with you guys, I placed an order paid for it with Paypal and waited for it to arrive, it didn't so I checked my account, it showed one item on backorder, which was strange as it was in stock when I placed the order, as it turned out the order was pending because my information didn't match....... I used the Live chat and this is what happened......... sorry it's a bit long but it took 1.5 hours to "resolve"

Operator Mikee has joined the chat.
Mikee14:47:56
Hi! Graham Wilkes, this is Mikee. I hope you're doing great. How may I help you today?
Graham Wilkes14:48:42
I have an order with one item on backorder holding up the shipping, can I change this item to one you have in stock?
Mikee14:49:20
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Kindly give me a minute to check it on my end. One moment please.
14:51:02
I have checked the order and it is on hold due to we are waiting for your bank statement showing your transaction with us. We can modify the order but we highly suggest to you provide first the document needed.
Graham Wilkes14:52:03
sorry you've lost me, I paid for the order by Paypal
Mikee14:53:24
Yes, Graham. However, due to your details doesn't match here on our system and on your PayPal account.
Graham Wilkes14:53:56
what do you mean?
14:54:27
I have bought no end of stuff from you without any problemsd
14:56:58
what details don't match? that matched before?
Mikee14:58:24
One moment please.
15:02:25
The name on your PayPal account is different on the receiver's name, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:02:32
Payment approved, order #20013389615.eml
15:02:55
is my email the same?
15:03:07
is my address the same?
15:03:18
it's my wifes name
Mikee15:04:22
Yes, Graham. I understand that however, our Accounting department still put the order on hold for payment verification.
Graham Wilkes15:04:36
so after 121 orders you now decide that the details are incorrect?
Mikee15:05:16
Our system choose a random orders from our customers for verification, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:05:36
so is this order incorrect.... 20013193062
Mikee15:05:37
We didn't intend to inconvenience you by asking you for more information and sincerely apologize if we have. We do this to prevent both yourself and ourselves from fraudulent activities.
Graham Wilkes15:06:35
Does it really matter who pays the bill as long as it's paid?
Mikee15:09:05
No, but we will be needing a documentation on this like bank statement showing your transaction with us.
Graham Wilkes15:12:10
but it won't show on the bank statement as it was thru Paypal
Mikee15:13:15
Did you linked your credit card to PayPal?
Graham Wilkes15:13:30
no
15:13:39
just my debit card
15:15:10
Oh I did register my mastercard
Mikee15:15:45
We will still be needing a bank statement for that showing the transaction you made with us, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:17:01
Tell you what, cancel my order, refund my money and I will decide whether to use you again in the future
Mikee15:19:11
It saddens me though that we were not able to come to resolution. But, since you cannot provide us a bank statement we will now proceed with the cancellation of your order.
Graham Wilkes15:19:44
the bank atatement will not show the payment
15:20:05
it shows a paypal payment
15:20:50
I can supply you a bank statement but it will do no good
Mikee15:21:21
We can try to forward it to our Accounting Department and we'll see if they will allow that kind of bank statement, Graham.
15:21:31
If you send the bank statement, I assure you that it will be forwarded immediately to our accounting department for verification. After they verified it, your order will be processed for the packaging and shipping that will be handled by our warehouse department.
Graham Wilkes15:24:01
Halifax - View Product Details.pdf
15:24:10
there you go
Mikee15:24:59
Thank you. One moment please.
15:26:31
Can you encircle on the bank statement the transaction from PayPal?
Graham Wilkes15:26:46
maybe
Mikee15:27:20
Thank you.
Graham Wilkes15:27:55
It doesn't show the amounts
Mikee15:28:37
Yes, that's why we cannot confirmed which one is from PayPal.
Graham Wilkes15:28:53
hang on
Mikee15:28:59
Thank you.
Graham Wilkes15:32:41
15:32:47
try this one
15:34:32
Bear in mind that my "wifes" paypal account had £50 in it
Mikee15:38:06
According to our Accounting department, the amount reflected on your bank statement doesn't match on the amount of your order, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:38:15
LOL
15:38:37
did I not tell you it was no good?
Mikee15:43:12
In this case, you need to request from your bank the bank statement.
Graham Wilkes15:43:19
PayPal Website Payment Details - PayPal.pdf
15:43:35
will this help?
Mikee15:44:38
We need a bank statement from your bank provider, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:45:45
I gave you one, with the payment to paypal on it and the paypal statement for the payment, what more would you need?
Mikee15:47:37
We need a bank statement from your credit card provider showing the transaction you made with us, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:49:19
But it was paid by Paypal using cash in the paypal account and an instant transfer from my bank, I don't use my credit card and it wouldn't show the transaction anyway
Mikee15:51:21
Is that a PayPal credits?
Graham Wilkes15:55:30
What?
Mikee15:55:46
Did you use a PayPal credits to pay the order?
Graham Wilkes15:56:29
if you mean by that the money sitting in the Paypal account then yes
Mikee15:59:09
I see. In this case, can you send me a screenshot showing that you are logged in on your PayPal account and web address. Please also send a copy of your valid ID.
Graham Wilkes16:00:58
How about you refund my paypal payment and I pay it again with my credit card, so far you have wasted an hour of my life, which I won't get back and got an A+ in pi**ing me off
16:02:01
The only reason I am not telling you to cancel the order is it is for my grandsons birthday
Mikee16:03:36
Rest assured that once you provided the documents needed we will surely process your order.
Graham Wilkes16:04:42
Look dumb arse, This has gone on long enough, CANCEL the order, refund my money and CLOSE my account
Mikee16:08:08
I understand and respect your decision.
Graham Wilkes16:09:04
Really?
Mikee16:09:41
Yes, I will now proceed with the cancellation.
Graham Wilkes16:10:03
ok
Mikee16:15:00
I have cancelled the order as per your request and requested a refund to you amounting to $118.39. For PayPal payments:
Transaction less than 120 days will be processed within 7 business days.
Transaction more than 120 days will be processed within 1 to 3 weeks.
If you will not received it by then, please contact PayPal or contact us back.
Graham Wilkes16:15:17
ok
Mikee16:16:43
Is there anything else I may help you with?
Graham Wilkes16:17:20
I don't think so, this kind of help I don't need
Mikee16:18:58
I am sorry for this matter, it's just that our Accounting Department needs to verify your payment with us.
Graham Wilkes16:20:09
It won't matter now as I won't be buying from you again
Mikee16:20:47
Thank you for contacting Hobbyking.com. It's my pleasure to have assisted you. Have a great day!

For self help on your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking "24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.

Please click "END CHAT" to end the conversation.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:09 AM
joebahl

After reading that it made me feel sorry for you and if it were me the F bomb would have went off towards them at the beginning . I hate stupid but when some big companys are involved we have to deal with it. joe
Old 03-14-2016, 09:06 AM
raptureboy

I am very disappointed in you all. No dear eating popcorn from anyone? Hobbyking; not the best at what they do, but the only ones who do what they do. They sell us the same stuff everyone else sells that's made in China only cheeeeeeeper I guess the reason they stay in business and keep growing is because they suck so bad. My local hobby shop closed down long before there was internet and Tower hobbies was still some guy operating out of his garage. Now I'm left with a Hobbytown with no supplies and zero knowledge of RC. They will never refund your money, only store credit and if something is wrong with your item they tell you to contact the manufacturer. I mostly buy batteries and CA from HK because they have a big selection and I get them pretty quick. Great source for elec motors and esc for my cheeeep foamies.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:19 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by raptureboy
I am very disappointed in you all. No dear eating popcorn from anyone? Hobbyking; not the best at what they do, but the only ones who do what they do. They sell us the same stuff everyone else sells that's made in China only cheeeeeeeper I guess the reason they stay in business and keep growing is because they suck so bad. My local hobby shop closed down long before there was internet and Tower hobbies was still some guy operating out of his garage. Now I'm left with a Hobbytown with no supplies and zero knowledge of RC. They will never refund your money, only store credit and if something is wrong with your item they tell you to contact the manufacturer. I mostly buy batteries and CA from HK because they have a big selection and I get them pretty quick. Great source for elec motors and esc for my cheeeep foamies.
a few of my foamys and motor was 7 bucks esc was 7 and reciever was around 8 bucks again value hobby here in il. Dollar tree foam is cheap enough for me and a bad habbit i picked up.lol When i get tired of building big balsa planes from plans i goof off with foamys and my grandkids love them . joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	judy jetstream rebuild.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	2152578   Click image for larger version

Name:	slowly 5 mine.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2152579   Click image for larger version

Name:	slowly 6 mine.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2152580  
Old 03-14-2016, 09:30 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

You are 100% right, both from a factual and reasonableness standard. Great point on the LHS scene too, it's a tough business to be in. The ones that have adapted to the market are those that survive, and even thrive. Funny thing though, not only have some of them adapted, they are actually stocking HK items and reselling them at a profit. So go figure, I guess it's not just the average guy buying from them.

As for batteries, try Chinahobbyline, they are back online now after redoing their site. Good deals on batteries, they will also custom make them for you. He ships priority mail within 14 hours, and always throws in a lipo bag or free AA batteries as well. Best deals I've seen other than HK are from Value Hobby. He's also stateside. Most of his stuff is in stock, most of the time. He also ships quick and many of his batteries come presoldered with deans or EC3. I've never had a bad battery from him, and I'm still flying some that are 3 years old in my smaller jets.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:30 AM
raptureboy

Nice! now you're having fun. I guess if I had a value hobby I would go there for cheap stuff but alas I only have HK.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:43 AM
porcia83
Banned

[QUOTE=hatchet47;12189358]I thought I would share my latest experience of HobbyKing with you guys, I placed an order paid for it with Paypal and waited for it to arrive, it didn't so I checked my account, it showed one item on backorder, which was strange as it was in stock when I placed the order, as it turned out the order was pending because my information didn't match....... I used the Live chat and this is what happened......... sorry it's a bit long but it took 1.5 hours to "resolve"

I'm always amazed at the expectation people have of others..when they either have made a mistake themselves, or better yet loose their cool and yell or scream or use profanity from the same person they are seeking help from. Never heard of the Golden Rule I guess. As if calling someone a dumbarse is really going to get their attention, and make them work harder to help them.

As is usual with these kind of stories as well, the whole story wasn't told, mainly how long you waited for your items to show up. Was it a few days, or a few weeks. You also didn't say if you checked the online status of your order. Within days you would have realized you purchased something that was on backorder, and as is clearly detailed on their site, the whole order is held up.

Originally Posted by joebahl
After reading that it made me feel sorry for you and if it were me the F bomb would have went off towards them at the beginning . I hate stupid but when some big companys are involved we have to deal with it. joe
Yes, and the Fbomb is a great way to deal with folks when you don't get your way. They tend to bend over backwards to get the issue resolved when dealing with such level headed respectful customers.

The easiest thing to do of course is just hit them with a PP or credit card chargeback,that's 100% more effective, but it sure doesn't feel as good as belittling a CS rep in a foreign company and calling them names.

Last edited by porcia83; 03-14-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 AM
porcia83
Banned

Nice! now you're having fun. I guess if I had a value hobby I would go there for cheap stuff but alas I only have HK.
Give Value Hobby a try. Another good place is Altitude Hobby out of Denver I believe. Fellow hobbyist who has good stuff, I have a lot of Suppo stuff from him. He's gone more MutliRotor now, but still has some airplane stuff.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Early this month, I placed an order with the king and ordered some decals from France on the same day. France is 3,000 plus miles away while the east HK warehouse is 135 miles away. Guess which order got here first.
Awe...poor dood, nothing else to bit#% about. I love Hobby King, I even have my "Tramp Stamp Tattoo", It reads "I Love Hobby King..!!"
Old 03-14-2016, 10:00 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

[QUOTE=porcia83;12189423]
Originally Posted by hatchet47
I thought I would share my latest experience of HobbyKing with you guys, I placed an order paid for it with Paypal and waited for it to arrive, it didn't so I checked my account, it showed one item on backorder, which was strange as it was in stock when I placed the order, as it turned out the order was pending because my information didn't match....... I used the Live chat and this is what happened......... sorry it's a bit long but it took 1.5 hours to "resolve"

I'm always amazed at the expectation people have of others..when they either have made a mistake themselves, or better yet loose their cool and yell or scream or use profanity from the same person they are seeking help from. Never heard of the Golden Rule I guess. As if calling someone a dumbarse is really going to get their attention, and make them work harder to help them.

As is usual with these kind of stories as well, the whole story wasn't told, mainly how long you waited for your items to show up. Was it a few days, or a few weeks. You also didn't say if you checked the online status of your order. Within days you would have realized you purchased something that was on backorder, and as is clearly detailed on their site, the whole order is held up.

Yes, and the Fbomb is a great way to deal with folks when you don't get your way. They tend to bend over backwards to get the issue resolved when dealing with such level headed respectful customers.

The easiest thing to do of course is just hit them with a PP or credit card chargeback,that's 100% more effective, but it sure doesn't feel as good as belittling a CS rep in a foreign company and calling them names.
Yuppers... +1
Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM
jim billings

[QUOTE=joebahl;12189474]
Listen dude you can shop at HK all you want to but when someone posts about their bad feeling about doing so dont you or your buddy put on your cheerleading outfits and start arguing with the poor guy who got burnt .If it was you that got burnt you would not enjoy it.You and the the other HK happy camper are free to start a HK we love you thread but this poor guy does not want to hear it.
My response had nothing to do with supporting Hobby King. I suggested that meaningful discussion should avoid angry tales of woe and focus on facts. By the way, I recall "dude" from many years ago. Are you a senior, too? Please read all my responses. None of them were directed to the "poor guy who got burnt (sic.)" All were directed to the tasteless attacks on another's responses.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:19 AM
joebahl

[QUOTE=jim billings;12189485]

My response had nothing to do with supporting Hobby King. I suggested that meaningful discussion should avoid angry tales of woe and focus on facts. By the way, I recall "dude" from many years ago. Are you a senior, too? Please read all my responses. None of them were directed to the "poor guy who got burnt (sic.)" All were directed to the tasteless attacks on another's responses.
This threadis about bad dealings with HK period ! Yes i was retired and got bored and went back to work running 2 construction corperations from a cell phone at home on my terms . You dont see these threads about other supplyers do you. ?There is a reason for that! I said i have never ordered from HK and more than likely i never will after reading other threads about them .BTW if you go back to the first page of this thread your buddy started early with his arguing just to see if he could start any . its there to see his no life stuff just to cause stuff . joe

Last edited by joebahl; 03-14-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Does anyone know why I call them Hobby Klunk????????????
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
It's the noise the new outa the box pieces that don't work make when they hit the bottom of the trash can LOL
Old 03-14-2016, 03:45 PM
jim billings

[QUOTE=joebahl;12189487]
This threadis about bad dealings with HK period ! Yes i was retired and got bored and went back to work running 2 construction corperations from a cell phone at home on my terms . You dont see these threads about other supplyers do you. ?There is a reason for that! I said i have never ordered from HK and more than likely i never will after reading other threads about them .BTW if you go back to the first page of this thread your buddy started early with his arguing just to see if he could start any . its there to see his no life stuff just to cause stuff . joe
This thread began with a gripe about delivery times. Then several comments were made suggesting ways to check on orders. Then someone (not the buddy you refer to) stepped in and made comments obviously designed to get everybody POed. That is the definition of "trolling". It pays to stick to the facts when griping so others don't seize the opportunity to vent frustrations about non-events while disregarding all successes.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:56 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If you look carefully and see your post is gone that is because its excessively argumentative, a personal attack, response to an attack, or quoted a post that was removed.

Everyone take a breath and remember these are model airplanes we are talking about.

If I have to stop in again the individual warnings and action will commence.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:48 AM
porcia83
Banned

Looks like you guys don't like Portia keeping you honest. He, like you and I, has a Constitutional right to his opinion. I, therefore, submit that when radical minds revert to name calling, they have completely lost all credibility.
[QUOTE=jim billings;12189485]

[QUOTE=jim billings;12189626]

This thread began with a gripe about delivery times. Then several comments were made suggesting ways to check on orders. Then someone (not the buddy you refer to) stepped in and made comments obviously designed to get everybody POed. That is the definition of "trolling". It pays to stick to the facts when griping so others don't seize the opportunity to vent frustrations about non-events while disregarding all successes.
Jim,
You bring up great points of course, as would most reasonable people reading this thread. One thing you'll see in these type of threads, specifically HK, is that they all degenerate unless everyone joins in on the torch and pitchfork. As is the case here, if you present any contrary or alternative information, the usual crew will join in with name calling and accusations. It's bizarre behavior for adults to engage in, it's a current day version of schoolyard bullying. Agree with me and do as I say, or you are a troll, have no life, or better yet "slow learner".

Any reasonable person reading this thread can go through it and see a factual account from each persons perspective, and gauge credibility accordingly. The name calling and accusations and anger displayed is unfortunate thing, as the mod said, all of this is over model airplanes and a hobby that is supposed to be fun.

The other thing is that two parties typically benefit from this type of thread. The site of course, because any negative HK thread is going to get tons of page clicks and shoot up the high hit chart, which is the case here. Again unfortunately it usually requires site resources to manage the threads, as you can see by looking at any of them. The other benefactor is Hobby King themselves. Anyone who has shopped there and had a good experience (or even a few bad ones) will continue to do so. Those that are clearly against them will never shop there, although honestly I think they do anyway, they just won't admit it. It's the people that read these threads that haven't used them decide to check it out, then see the huge amount of offerings, and all the warehouses they are offered at, and decide to give it a shot. It's a wag of course, but I bet they have more new customer from these types of threads than people who won't use them.

Anyway, everyone should be able to use any supplier they want without having to explain why, or get called a name.

Last edited by porcia83; 03-15-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:04 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Please don't force my hand on this guys. Nobody likes the ref but I will start putting folks in the penalty box if need be.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:45 AM
hatchet47

Operator Mikee has joined the chat.
Mikee14:47:56
Hi! Graham Wilkes, this is Mikee. I hope you're doing great. How may I help you today?
Graham Wilkes14:48:42
I have an order with one item on backorder holding up the shipping, can I change this item to one you have in stock?
Mikee14:49:20
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Kindly give me a minute to check it on my end. One moment please.
14:51:02
I have checked the order and it is on hold due to we are waiting for your bank statement showing your transaction with us. We can modify the order but we highly suggest to you provide first the document needed.
Graham Wilkes14:52:03
sorry you've lost me, I paid for the order by Paypal
Mikee14:53:24
Yes, Graham. However, due to your details doesn't match here on our system and on your PayPal account.
Graham Wilkes14:53:56
what do you mean?
14:54:27
I have bought no end of stuff from you without any problemsd
14:56:58
what details don't match? that matched before?
Mikee14:58:24
One moment please.
15:02:25
The name on your PayPal account is different on the receiver's name, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:02:32
Payment approved, order #20013389615.eml
15:02:55
is my email the same?
15:03:07
is my address the same?
15:03:18
it's my wifes name
Mikee15:04:22
Yes, Graham. I understand that however, our Accounting department still put the order on hold for payment verification.
Graham Wilkes15:04:36
so after 121 orders you now decide that the details are incorrect?
Mikee15:05:16
Our system choose a random orders from our customers for verification, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:05:36
so is this order incorrect.... 20013193062
Mikee15:05:37
We didn't intend to inconvenience you by asking you for more information and sincerely apologize if we have. We do this to prevent both yourself and ourselves from fraudulent activities.
Graham Wilkes15:06:35
Does it really matter who pays the bill as long as it's paid?
Mikee15:09:05
No, but we will be needing a documentation on this like bank statement showing your transaction with us.
Graham Wilkes15:12:10
but it won't show on the bank statement as it was thru Paypal
Mikee15:13:15
Did you linked your credit card to PayPal?
Graham Wilkes15:13:30
no
15:13:39
just my debit card
15:15:10
Oh I did register my mastercard
Mikee15:15:45
We will still be needing a bank statement for that showing the transaction you made with us, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:17:01
Tell you what, cancel my order, refund my money and I will decide whether to use you again in the future
Mikee15:19:11
It saddens me though that we were not able to come to resolution. But, since you cannot provide us a bank statement we will now proceed with the cancellation of your order.
Graham Wilkes15:19:44
the bank atatement will not show the payment
15:20:05
it shows a paypal payment
15:20:50
I can supply you a bank statement but it will do no good
Mikee15:21:21
We can try to forward it to our Accounting Department and we'll see if they will allow that kind of bank statement, Graham.
15:21:31
If you send the bank statement, I assure you that it will be forwarded immediately to our accounting department for verification. After they verified it, your order will be processed for the packaging and shipping that will be handled by our warehouse department.
Graham Wilkes15:24:01
15:24:10
there you go
Mikee15:24:59
Thank you. One moment please.
15:26:31
Can you encircle on the bank statement the transaction from PayPal?
Graham Wilkes15:26:46
maybe
Mikee15:27:20
Thank you.
Graham Wilkes15:27:55
It doesn't show the amounts
Mikee15:28:37
Yes, that's why we cannot confirmed which one is from PayPal.
Graham Wilkes15:28:53
hang on
Mikee15:28:59
Thank you.
Graham Wilkes15:32:41
15:32:47
try this one
15:34:32
Bear in mind that my "wifes" paypal account had £50 in it
Mikee15:38:06
According to our Accounting department, the amount reflected on your bank statement doesn't match on the amount of your order, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:38:15
LOL
15:38:37
did I not tell you it was no good?
Mikee15:43:12
In this case, you need to request from your bank the bank statement.
Graham Wilkes15:43:19
PayPal Website Payment Details - PayPal.pdf
15:43:35
will this help?
Mikee15:44:38
We need a bank statement from your bank provider, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:45:45
I gave you one, with the payment to paypal on it and the paypal statement for the payment, what more would you need?
Mikee15:47:37
We need a bank statement from your credit card provider showing the transaction you made with us, Graham.
Graham Wilkes15:49:19
But it was paid by Paypal using cash in the paypal account and an instant transfer from my bank, I don't use my credit card and it wouldn't show the transaction anyway
Mikee15:51:21
Is that a PayPal credits?
Graham Wilkes15:55:30
What?
Mikee15:55:46
Did you use a PayPal credits to pay the order?
Graham Wilkes15:56:29
if you mean by that the money sitting in the Paypal account then yes
Mikee15:59:09
I see. In this case, can you send me a screenshot showing that you are logged in on your PayPal account and web address. Please also send a copy of your valid ID.
Graham Wilkes16:00:58
How about you refund my paypal payment and I pay it again with my credit card, so far you have wasted an hour of my life, which I won't get back and got an A+ in pi**ing me off
16:02:01
The only reason I am not telling you to cancel the order is it is for my grandsons birthday
Mikee16:03:36
Rest assured that once you provided the documents needed we will surely process your order.
Graham Wilkes16:04:42
Look dumb arse, This has gone on long enough, CANCEL the order, refund my money and CLOSE my account
Mikee16:08:08
I understand and respect your decision.
Graham Wilkes16:09:04
Really?
Mikee16:09:41
Yes, I will now proceed with the cancellation.
Graham Wilkes16:10:03
ok
Mikee16:15:00
I have cancelled the order as per your request and requested a refund to you amounting to $118.39. For PayPal payments:
Transaction less than 120 days will be processed within 7 business days.
Transaction more than 120 days will be processed within 1 to 3 weeks.
If you will not received it by then, please contact PayPal or contact us back.
Graham Wilkes16:15:17
ok
Mikee16:16:43
Is there anything else I may help you with?
Graham Wilkes16:17:20
I don't think so, this kind of help I don't need
Mikee16:18:58
I am sorry for this matter, it's just that our Accounting Department needs to verify your payment with us.
Graham Wilkes16:20:09
It won't matter now as I won't be buying from you again
Mikee16:20:47
Thank you for contacting Hobbyking.com. It's my pleasure to have assisted you. Have a great day!

For self help on your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking "24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.

Please click "END CHAT" to end the conversation.

After sending the transcript and a complaint to HobbyKing CEO I Recieved this yesterday........

Hi Graham,

The purpose of this email is to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with regard to what happened to your order ID 20013389615.

Upon careful review of your account as well as the chat transcript that you provided, there was a lapse in judgment on the part of our customer service team. This in turn resulted to the cancellation of your order.

Please be advised that this is an isolated case. Moving forward, we will be more careful when it comes to payment verification and will be taking note of the order history of every customer.

We will continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standard of service.

Regards,

Babylyn A.
HobbyKing Support Team

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.