Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

LongJohn Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LongJohn Questions

I have a LongJohn 20 kit with no plans. Having built 2 or 3 of these back in the dark ages BK (before kids) I know the plans aren't much. However, I don't recall what goes where. If anyone has a set of LongJohn plans (any size), I would like scans of them so I can build it. I remember building the wing on a straight line drawn on the building table, and I think the thick ribs went where they would ride on the fuselage sides, but memory is on of those things that kids steal.

In memory of old builds where I insisted on mounting an OS 45ABC, this one is going to get a FP40 (if I can find it) on the nose. Power, power, more power!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Jim;

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

Re your LongJohn plans/info search, I did a little checking myself and found the following:

1. LongJohn construction article was published in RCM 7/77 issue, plans # 691. I would gladly send you a copy of said article, but we are in the process of moving TO new house, and all my mags are packed away for said move, [can probably send to you in about 2 weeks].

2. You can do this on your PC too: I typed in the heading into the Search Engine, 'LongJohn RC model airplane design?', and several items popped up, about the 3rd one down was by the actual designer himself, stating that the LJ was a lot like the Ugly Stik, only with a much longer 48" fuse, 3" wide and 4" deep, and with a fully symetrical airfoil, + he mentioned that there were no actual plans, and the plane could be built using only a single pencil line 62" long......? but he did include a page of plans, and LJ does look like a quick type build indeed. If you have problem finding this item, let me know herein RCU, and I will try and get them to you.

Dere Guys & Gals, anudder problem almost solved; Who's next? Will close, best regards from Glendale, AZ,

Joe Nagy.