Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HK Walrus 1400

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 AM
robert4343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK Walrus 1400

Hi the other day I was looking at buying the HK Walrus as a trainer ( end up ordering Radian ( not pro).
HK put the Walrus as a trainer if you go to trainer But I down loaded the manual & it stated for intermittent & advance glider .
I was wonder what do you people think of this glider as either good enough as a trainer or advance glider.
What gets to me people will buy this as a 1st plane / glider & quickly end up in tears.
Any comments ? thanks
Old 03-30-2016, 03:36 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both planes could be considered "trainers" I guess. The HK one is smaller overall, shorter fuze and wingspan. The Radian is going to be lighter and more "floaty". It's one of the best foamies out there as far as I'm concerned. I had the "pro" version and didn't like it at all. The Walrus looks a little more sporty than the Radian.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Semi Retired Aviator

Not exactly on song with the OP, but I've just bought a Walrus and have a technical question.

I'm getting back into the hobby after a few years out, and a foamy powered glider seemed a fairly painless way to do it, but I've never owned or done any work on a foamy.

The control surfaces don't have hinges, just the foam material from which the aircraft is made. Is that adequate? I thought it would have a limited life being worked as a hinge.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Semi Retired Aviator; 04-19-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:54 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Semi Retired Aviator
Not exactly on song with the OP, but I've just bought a Walrus and have a technical question.

I'm getting back into the hobby after a few years out, and a foamy powered glider seemed a fairly painless way to do it.

The control surfaces don't have hinges, just the foam material from which the aircraft is made. Is that adequate? I thought it would have a limited life being worked as a hinge.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
For the most part yes, it's o/k. If you want extra confidence, put some clear packing tape on them, that will do the trick.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Semi Retired Aviator

Thanks Porcia 83.