Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA will cease to exist

Old 04-27-2016, 02:07 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
AMA will cease to exist

no happne site owna need insurence frm ama so no ama no club site fly at
*** language is this?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:18 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
*** language is this?

Hi RG ,

Two possibilities ;

Someone for whom English is a second language .

Or ,

Someone who wants the board to believe English is his second language .

I'm strongly leaning to #2 ....
Old 04-27-2016, 04:53 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Bet the 77% would be rock solid proof if it was in your favor , eh ?

Meh , , , haters just gonna hate .....
Meh indeed....what lable do we use for the virulently anti MR and anti AMA folk? I guess those folks are just "straight talkers?" The 77% is a meaningless figure either "pro" or "con". Given where the poll was presented, did anyone expect the numbers to be anything different? Post the same poll on a MR site and what do you think the results would be?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:44 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by porcia83
Meh indeed....what lable do we use for the virulently anti MR and anti AMA folk? I guess those folks are just "straight talkers?" The 77% is a meaningless figure either "pro" or "con". Given where the poll was presented, did anyone expect the numbers to be anything different? Post the same poll on a MR site and what do you think the results would be?
I guess it must just be me , but I really don't think someone who doesn't like drones is an automatic "AMA hater" as you and radfordrc like to assert over and over . AMA HATER !!!!! Gee , maybe if you shout it loud & long enough someone might actually believe that folks who don't like drones automatically don't like the AMA either .

PS , who ever mentioned not liking multirotors ? When flown LOS multirotors are just like any other RC aircraft and you really shouldn't be pushing the hate in their direction . Anything for an agenda I guess ....
Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it must just be me , but I really don't think someone who doesn't like drones is an automatic "AMA hater" as you and radfordrc like to assert over and over . AMA HATER !!!!! Gee , maybe if you shout it loud & long enough someone might actually believe that folks who don't like drones automatically don't like the AMA either .

PS , who ever mentioned not liking multirotors ? When flown LOS multirotors are just like any other RC aircraft and you really shouldn't be pushing the hate in their direction . Anything for an agenda I guess ....
Pretty much the way it is here. If you don't see it as they do or agree with the direction OUR organization takes your just a "hater". I've probably given more back to the hobby than most but I'm labeled as a "hater".

Oh well if their talking about me than their leaving some other poor guy alone.

Mike
Old 04-28-2016, 10:24 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Pretty much the way it is here. If you don't see it as they do or agree with the direction OUR organization takes your just a "hater". I've probably given more back to the hobby than most but I'm labeled as a "hater".

Oh well if their talking about me than their leaving some other poor guy alone.

Mike

Not just here,,, that's pretty much the way everything goes these days if you disagree with anyone about anything you're either an "ist" or you're "obic",
Against Illegal immigration,, Racist
Against Gay Marriage, Homophobic
Against Terrorism,, Islamaphobic
Think the current president sucks,, Racist
This Hillary would suck too,, Sexist.

The list goes on and on and on, because it's far easier to call someone a name than to have an intelligent debate and risk losing.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Not just here,,, that's pretty much the way everything goes these days if you disagree with anyone about anything you're either an "ist" or you're "obic",
Against Illegal immigration,, Racist
Against Gay Marriage, Homophobic
Against Terrorism,, Islamaphobic
Think the current president sucks,, Racist
Think Hillary would suck too,, Sexist.

The list goes on and on and on, because it's far easier to call someone a name than to have an intelligent debate and risk losing.
It's a sad fact that what Scale said here is 100% true , as proof one needs to look no further than the AMA hater label itself , someone want to tell me how much a guy whose been a member so long as to have a 5 digit AMA number can really hate the organization ? Disagree with certain policies or procedures and now that automatically becomes "hate" ?
Old 04-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Krumpel

And just what makes you think that our incompetent government would separate LOS hobbyists from the dreaded DRONE HORDE? The AMA is not going to change the perception that lumps us all together. To think otherwise is stupid, much like our illustrious government's stupidity.

To be perfectly clear, I am not a DRONE advocate. I am a realist. Mainstream US citizens (and the media that drives their opinions), create our political knee jerk reactions. They are not going to support anything that makes sense.

Just my $0.02 worth. YMMV.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:25 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Krumpel
And just what makes you think that our incompetent government would separate LOS hobbyists from the dreaded DRONE HORDE? The AMA is not going to change the perception that lumps us all together. To think otherwise is stupid, much like our illustrious government's stupidity.

To be perfectly clear, I am not a DRONE advocate. I am a realist. Mainstream US citizens (and the media that drives their opinions), create our political knee jerk reactions. They are not going to support anything that makes sense.

Just my $0.02 worth. YMMV.
They won't and don't even care, that's the problem.

Mike
Old 05-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Aw , come on Mike , you know how this goes , whenever the oh so politically correct drone cheerleaders encounter people who don't agree with them , that's when the "AMA Hater" card gets played . An act of desperation , pathetic , and to be honest I'm surprised it took this long for the hater card to be played .

It's kinda like when the Zombies show up in video games , all creative inspiration has ended , the thread having "jumped the shark" as it were ....
So do you think the "AMA will cease to exist"? I wasn't able to tell from your post above.