Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Irresponsable drone advertising in the MAY MODEL AVIATION magazine.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Irresponsable drone advertising in the MAY MODEL AVIATION magazine.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Sprucedeuce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liking or not liking the new tech is not the issue, I don't care what anybody likes or dislikes. It's the capabilities of beyond line of sight that carries with it the greater potential to do something nefarious with your RC platform. Don't forget that several branches of the federal government use what amounts to weaponized model airplanes to deprive (whether rightly or wrongly) people of their life limb and property all over the world with the predator drones. Is this a possible factor in the way they see hobbyists and their pursuits? I don't know but it may be what's driving the rabid march towards practically outlawing our hobby.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 AM
cessnaflyer54
My Feedback: (68)

The government is using drones to help protect our boots on the ground ( so they say ). They are not flying them in front of airliners trying to land at one of our airports. We didn't have this problem until quad copters ( drones ) started showing up with the technology that a 3 year old with a smart phone could fly it. You can't go into a store and buy a fixed wing plane and fly it unless you have had some sort of training. SO, the idiots out there couldn't fly one up in front of airplanes trying to land. They weren't going to take the time to learn or most likely don't have the money to buy one in the first place.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:57 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Hey porcia, we cannot seem to connect through pm. I'm in CT and should have some free time tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent!