Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help with where to a new board?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Can anyone help with where to a new board?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 AM
signal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help with where to a new board?

I have a Syma X5 with bur tout board. The number on the board is SJ-YH01R24GVl0 I even asked SYMA, no help. See attached picture, if you have any idea where I can get a replacement let me Know
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	board].jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2179496  
Old 09-04-2016, 08:10 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Signal , I know it's likely stating the obvious but if the manufacturer will not sell the board you really only have 3 options , buy a wrecked quad with a good board and make one good quad , pay an electronic technician to repair that board , or scrap that quad entirely and keep the good parts for use in future quads . What exactly doesn't that board do ? don't power on at all ? only runs 3 of the 4 motors ? Yes there are plenty of failures that won't be repairable , things like the processor chip , but other things like discrete diodes , transistors , and especially those two big electrolytic capacitors are prime candidates for failure (and successful replacement) .

I wish you luck with whatever path you choose with it ...
Old 09-04-2016, 08:21 AM
signal

Thanks for your input, how about a Syma X5C X5 X5C-1 Quadcopter Replacement Spare Parts X5-10 Receiver Board, what problem would I encounter putting this one in?
Old 09-04-2016, 03:42 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by signal
Thanks for your input, how about a Syma X5C X5 X5C-1 Quadcopter Replacement Spare Parts X5-10 Receiver Board, what problem would I encounter putting this one in?
I did not want to leave your question hanging here , but I don't know enough about quads to be able to say with certainty "oh yea , it'll work" . my guess would be that if the replacement board was designed for a similar quad it may be worth a try . I am forced to ask how much is the board VS a whole new quad , if the board approaches 50% of the cost of a new one I'd consider getting a new one and keeping the dead board one for parts (props , motors , that sort of thing) ....
Old 09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
signal

$10.99 so I bought one
Old 09-05-2016, 09:07 AM
init4fun

For $10.99 it's worth the attempt
Old 09-12-2016, 06:02 AM
signal

Ok new question on a Control Board, Can anyone ID this one as to where I can get one, or sub with one. On the board the print has DF32RX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Board DF32RX.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2180767   Click image for larger version

Name:	board].jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2180768