Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Gtting started...again. KIt vs RTR

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Gtting started...again. KIt vs RTR

Old 11-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Fleavitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gtting started...again. KIt vs RTR

I'm looking at getting back into racing, I've been in and out of the hobby over the last 30 years and now my son is starting to be interested in the "junk" in the basement. Bushless motors and Lipo battery's are new to be. We will be racing at a local club/track so no national events. I've been looking at the stadium truck class. I've always run associated vehicles and never have purchased a RTR. In the past there were not many RTRs and what was there was junk and came with equipment a hobbyist would quickly grow out of. As with any hobby price is always a factor. What quality of radio gear and esc/motor combos are in the T4.2s. Is it junk? I'm looking at price but there is no sense paying for junk I'm not gonna use very long. So does a guy buy the RTR or the T5M and start buying all the other stuff to race at a club level?
Old 11-26-2016, 05:27 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, first,, go to your local track on race day,, see which classes they are running,, Stadium truck is not a big class any longer, at least the last 10 years or so where I've raced, It's been a while for me too so maybe it's making a come back in some areas,, IDK,, Good to go see what your local race scene is about first before spending anything.

Associated it still a top brand,, but you'll also what no see which brands are supported by the local hobby shops,, most still stock Associated stuff

RTR vs. Kits,, you know, some RTRs are decent enough to club race and have fun right out of the box,, kinda depends on how serious you want to be and Budget,, most RTRs always can be upgraded

Good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 11-26-2016 at 05:30 AM.