Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

My dad is a long time RCer who needs help!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

My dad is a long time RCer who needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:46 PM
LilMissWhipporwill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dad is a long time RCer who needs help!

Hello gentlemen, I'm in need of your assistance. If I missed this not being allowed in the rules, my sincerest apologies, I will remove it.
My father has been racing for 30+/- years. Tracks here in WV and Ohio, his current favorite is King, NC, and when we lived in FL he was a regular at The Whip. Hell, he was even racing the day I was BORN! My mother told him to come to the hospital when he was through. He brought me home a first place trophy. We've gone with him to the tracks since I was a baby.

He's trying desperately to get to The 2017 Snowbirds in Kissimmee, FL. Which starts January 30th and runs through February 5th. We've always been a paycheck to 3 days before paycheck family. Instead of saving for the trip, he used what he had on christmas gifts for the grandkids. I wish I could fund this for him but the most I can do is reach out to the racing/hobby community for help.
The last Snowbirds he went to was in 1999. He's on disability (thanks to a couple heart attacks, strokes, and a triple bypass surgery) and still manages to keep a part time job, with restrictions. I'd like for him to go at least one more time. This is the first time he's ever tried crowd funding and getting very discouraged.

If you, or someone you know could help, please don't hesitate to speak up.
Again, if this isn't allowed, kindly let me know and it will be removed. Thank you all.
https://www.gofundme.com/RacetoTheSnowbirds2017