Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Got my Zagi 400X!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 02:23 AM
KC10Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Zagi 400X!

I finally picked up my Zagi 400X on Monday. Only took a few hours to put together. Most of that time was simply waiting for the spray glue to get tacky. This is DEFINATELY an improved version of the origional Zagi 400. It's a teeny bit heavier maybe by a couple oz, but that's due to the 1700 mah 8 cell battery pack and that bigger motor! It climbs a lot better and has a LOT more power. You can tell the difference when you listen to it. The flight duration is a lot longer too. With my old Zagi, I could get about 5 or 6 minutes with some throttle management. With my 400X, I can get in a 20 minute flight. Also, thanks to the carbon spar, it doesn't do that battery ejecting "Zagi flap" when it is in a dive. I took it to work today and flew it inside a big empty aircraft hangar. Loads of fun and it sounded really neat. I'd fly it up and bump it into the ceiling about 80 feet up and it would just stall and keep on flying. I LOVE this thing! Definately one of my favorite airplanes! I'll get some pictures of it flying in the hangar tomorrow. Matt
Old 04-26-2002, 10:39 AM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi 400

Zagi400's and 400x's have become the latest craze at our field. We have about 8-10 people with them now and more are thinking about getting them. We are doing a couple of rounds of Zagi combat each Saturday and Sunday. So far mine is the only one left with the original balsa elevons. Everyone else have had theirs destroyed and have replaced them with coroplast. It is amazing how many Zagis you can get flying in the same small pieve of sky and how hard it is to actually hit each other. They are a blast!

We are even adding an event to our funfly next weekend. Zagi bowling, using empty fuel jugs as the pins. Anyone that has passed on electrics in the past, this one is a real performer and highly recommended. The more people in your club flying them, the better it gets!