Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

My account was hacked- did you get scammed by my hacked username?

The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

My account was hacked- did you get scammed by my hacked username?

Old 02-15-2017, 04:31 PM
kohersh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default My account was hacked- did you get scammed by my hacked username?

My RCU account was compromised, somehow the scammer got my login credentials and changed my RCU linked email address to a newly created one for himself: hckkarlcorp@hotmail.com to start scamming using my account 'kohersh": They even used my real first name, Hans. Western Union stuff. Poorly described ads, short and poorly worded exchanges, all about sending the money, but never to the area in which the account says I live, S. Florida.

Thankfully someone on RCU smelled a scam as the emails were in very poor english and the pictures of the model for sale were the top search results on google. So he cross referenced me on RCgroups and reached out to me. This was my tip off. I regained control, changed passwords across the board, and did a damage assessment. I could not find any damage, all that stuck out to me was that i could not find all of my completed ads in the marketplace-even still today, anywhere including the archives. This was strange but I cant even see where to delete that so I couldn't worry too much. Until this morning when I saw my first negative feedback for a Behotec turbine that I sold months ago, to a happy buyer. The scammer appears to have relisted it and duped someone on the deal.

So I started reaching out to the last few guys I dealt with. the turbine buyer said someone using my name had reached out to him via email...but he deleted it. i can assume that meant it didn't seem right to him either, but he never replied and I cant blame him. He has since deleted that email and so I cant gleam much from it. The last sale I had on here was for a complete ARF and that buyer replied via email today that he has since spoken to people who didn't have good things to say about me. That is troubling, I think there was damage done that I cant find on RCU??
I have always gone out of my way to satisfy a buyer before an exchange of money, and I have yet to encounter any negative feedback or even unhappy people in my dealings, also i have no beef with anyone in the industry, and I represent a 3D balsa manufacturer. My face and voice are frequently used, and a bad reputation reflects poorly on them as well, also very troubling. My guess is this scammer worked me over pretty good and I have no clue how far it goes.

SO I ask...did anyone here get wronged by this scammer posing as me? Do you know of anything negative that has been said about me that could pertain to this scenario? If its legit I want to make it right, if its from this scammer I want to set the record straight. I reached out to RCU support and rebutted the bad review on my profile, I am unsure what to do next.

Thanks and sorry all!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got the following e-mail from "you" a few days ago./ and yes, now I am having to re-install WIn 10 and fix a buch of evil virus stuff..

Don't click on any links!!

---------------

Dear dr_wogz,

khodges has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Larger rockets - in the Model Rockets & Rocketry forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:

link removed

Here is the message that has just been posted:

All good info above. I used to fly high power in the early 90's, before most of it was regulated. I was a Tripoli member, they are the ones to contact for good education. As stated, bigger is certainly better, but the price goes up faster than the rockets do. It's a contagious hobby, the bigger you go, the bigger you want to go. Reloadables were just getting started when I was flying, and hybrid propellants were starting development. The largest I ever flew was a L motor, but J and K were what I flew mostly. Back then you didn't have levels to qualify for. You flew an 'H' under supervision, and then you could go as big as your wallet allowed.

I enjoyed building about as much as launching. If it's still in print, find a copy of Peter Alway's book, Rockets of the World. It has diagrams and dimensions of practically every sounding rocket and launch vehicle ever made from the '50s on. Perfect for building scale, which was what I liked best. The Honest John I have over my shoulder (this picture is 20 years old) was scaled up from the Estes kit, with reference to the Always book. It's 1/4 scale, scratch built, and could use 38mm and 54mm motors. It would reach 8000 feet on a K550.Attachment 2201657
link removed

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

link removed

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

link removed

Last edited by dr_wogz; 02-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:56 AM
TampaRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why on earth would you click on a link?
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 AM
kohersh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"khodges has just replied to a thread"....my user name is KOHERSH, that is not the same name, nor was that the MO of the scammer who grabbed control of my username. If you get an email from hckkarlcorp@hotmail.com then its the same scumbag-report it to abuse@hotmail.com and don't reply, and obviously don't click on any links.

My account is under control the funny business occurred in January and not since I regained control
Old 02-27-2017, 05:13 AM
LJE4357
Banned
My Feedback: (74)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most of you probably don't know about this, but the hacking has gotten so easy with the new Intel CPU controller. This chipset came out after 2009. The IC controls the communication between all your ports and memory to the CPU. It has DDR memory onboard. Windows loads all the drivers into that memory so your computer boots up faster. If you use AOL Desktop and your computer is online as most are today, a hacker get your IP address from an email, he can load an uncompiled virus and load it on your hard drive. Because it's uncompiled most anti virus won't find it. When he compiles it, it gets moved to the DDR memory. Now you have a Malware Virus on your computer. I had this problem for almost a year, and I even know who the hacker was. You can get rid of the virus. First turn off your computer, off means unplug it. Then open up your computer and remove the clock battery, for about 5 minutes. Now comes the hard part. To get rid of the uncompiled virus, depending on the hard drive you have, and where he put the virus, you have to reformat the hard drive. Before you do that, save all your DATA files one at a time. Virus won't load there. If the virus is loaded on a Western Digital Drive, he can load it on the outer tracks that contain the drive tracks and sectors. How to keep it from happening again is doable. First do not use a WiFi modem from your provider. Just get a plain modem. Then get a good router with WiFi, that allows you to hide your IP address. There about $300 to $400. attach the router, to the modem with an Ethernet cable. If your computer is a desktop attach it to the router with Ethernet. If your using a wireless computer connect it to your router. Now get a good Malware Anti-Virus program. I use MalwareBites. I have 4 computers and my printers on my router and haven't had any problems. I used Ethernet to attach to the router except for my laptops which are WiFi. If your computer uses an AMD CPU, this can't happen, unless you bring it in through an email. Also there are websites out there that purposelessly load an uncompiled Malware virus on your computer when you join the website. Since it not compiled, the Anti-Virus software can't find it, while your running Windows. It can be removed by booting on a disk with DOS, and Microsoft Defender. Its a special version you can down load from Microsoft.

If you see any typos, there probably there because I didn't read what I just wrote. I been recovering from a brain operation, writing correctly can sometimes be difficult.

Last edited by LJE4357; 02-28-2017 at 05:30 AM.