Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC related business closing?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC related business closing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC related business closing?

Can anyone list how many RC related businesses that have closed in the last few years?

Last edited by fliers1; 03-13-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:01 AM
TampaRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange question.

Your website is a hot mess.
  • "People are desperate to find RC flight instruction" Desperate? I don't think so.

"Earn at least $500 per customer - per week as pro flight instructor" I highly doubt it.

"Beginners will be able to safely fly both a Sig LT-40 and a low wing aircraft within an hour of their first lesson." Nobody is going to be able to fly a Sig Kobra after an hour of training. Ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

$500 a week ? Really ? From whom I ask ? The folks who've shown up at the club field where I fly almost universally balk at being told that &400 or $500 is what it takes to buy and properly equip an RC plane (using all new , brand name components) and that doesn't even include the required club dues and required AMA dues . Most , a good 80 ish percent at least , take that as "darn , this is WAY more expensive than I want to get into . The few who DO decide they have flying RC planes in their blood will join the club , buy a good used trainer for half of the originally quoted $400 or $500 , and be properly taught how to fly by the club's designated flight instructor . The instruction costs not one penny more than being a paid member of the club (and the club required AMA membership) , and of course the student usually spends a few bucks on coffee and doughnuts for himself and the instructor .

Over the years I've seen dozens of these "RC flight schools" come and go and it's my belief that folks will not pay for something like that when it's free with the club that they will most likely be joining to have a nice , model aircraft dedicated field to fly at .......
Old 03-15-2017, 11:00 AM
jend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobby Barn announced their closing up and shutting shop today.
Gone
Old 03-23-2017, 08:49 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Fox engines, Thundertiger, Supertigre, K&B (okay been a while). all gone

carl