Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats happened?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 11:24 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Whats happened?

Has the RC aircraft side of the hobby just died or are folk more active on other web sites. This place is dead compared to some years back. Where's everyone hanging out?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:19 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of us are still around....check out the Warbirds section - lot of activity there....not so much in the ARF forum for some crazy reason.....
Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still show up nearly every day, just don't post much. Enough people posting for me, I don't need to add to the confusion.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:27 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People are out flying

This used to be a great website. The marketplace is still worth a peek, otherwise people were getting frustrated with the site.

Anyways, there is a lot more traffic on RCGroups.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:13 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These discussions seem to come up every year, around this time. Summer activities seem to preclude participation in the Forums.

This year seems to be extreme, though. The reason could be a growing frustration with using RCU, and it's continuing user related issues.

As can be seen by looking at the join dates of the previous contributors to this thread, many of the "old timers" are still hanging around.

Let's hope that forum participation grows in the future. RCU has played a major role in my development as a modeler. I'm sure that I am not the only one who can say that.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:16 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the classifieds on this websight are poor. They are over categorized and micro-sorted and I don't ever want to use them.If a websight has a poor classifieds section, the overall viewership will dwindle, as being that the classifieds are a BIG attraction on websights. RCUNIVERSE should follow the leadership of RCGroup's classifieds; The majority of sales ads and wanted ads both go together in either a "fuel plane" classifieds or an "electric plane" classifieds, and that's it! There's also no micro-managing with start and finish datelines of how long your ad lasts. Your ad opens on the first page and moves on naturally as other ads take it's place, and it moves to the bottom of the page and eventually to page 2. Simple and enjoyable to shop.

Last edited by rustyrivet; 06-15-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:04 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, seems like my last comment had been deleted. Sorry for upsetting the admin. You are doing a great job