Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

DX18 Gen2 Dumps Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 04:01 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DX18 Gen2 Dumps Again

I tried to turn on my Spektrum DX18 transmitter yesterday.... nothing, absolutely nothing... checked battery... fully charged. Held buttons down and tried turning on again... nothing. Ruined my fly outing...

When I plugged the charger in... nothing. It did not light up. So I went to my EXTREME BACKUP PROCEDURE.... I unplugged the battery overnight... guess what, It is working again this morning.

This has happened before. I guess that once a capacitor leaks off inside the radio, it will restart. It has worked for months since the first time that this happened. Horizons answer is, send it in and well will fix it for you at your cost. It would be nice to know where the problem is and I would fix it myself.

Last edited by on_your_six; 08-12-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:25 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by on_your_six
I tried to turn on my Spektrum DX18 transmitter yesterday.... nothing, absolutely nothing... checked battery... fully charged. Held buttons down and tried turning on again... nothing. Ruined my fly outing...

When I plugged the charger in... nothing. It did not light up. So I went to my EXTREME BACKUP PROCEDURE.... I unplugged the battery overnight... guess what, It is working again this morning.

This has happened before. I guess that once a capacitor leaks off inside the radio, it will restart. It has worked for months since the first time that this happened. Horizons answer is, send it in and well will fix it for you at your cost. It would be nice to know where the problem is and I would fix it myself.
A few thoughts here if the situation were mine ;

#1 , Have you spoken with Andy Kunz who responds to these types of questions in the radios subforum here ?

#2 , Till it comes back from some radio repair facility or other with a clean bill of health I wouldn't trust it to anything above "AirHogz" size .

#3 , If they really won't fix it under warranty , is it worth it to you to pay them to fix it , or would you ditch it in favor of one that worked flawlessly from it's first time outta the box ?
Old 08-13-2017, 06:02 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the idea of communicating with Andy. He's a straight shooter and will offer the best advise available.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:46 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If its ok with the OP I can move this to the Spektrum form where Andy monitors and will respond. Let me know.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM
on_your_six

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would prefer that it remain here.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Jguske
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this type of problem. There is a ribbon cable that is defective.
I strongly suggest you send it in - it should not cost as it was a manufacturing issue and I am sure they are aware of it.

Hope this helps

JohnG