Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Where to run 36" electric boat in Miami

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Where to run 36" electric boat in Miami

Old 09-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Asterix2mf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to run 36" electric boat in Miami

New to the hobby of RC boating, wanting to get a fast boat such as the Proboat Voracity for example. I am in North Miami, there is water everywhere but I can't find where to go run the boat here without joining a club and paying dues and insurance cost required by the better parks, Club $50, insurance $50, entrance to park $1.50-$7.00 maybe more. And then there are too many rules, if you know Florida, it is NOT about ones safety, it is about money, by far the greediest place I have ever been.
So my question is, where can I run my boat as close to North Miami without hassle or the greedy fees and costs. If any Miamians have a cool fave spot that is hassle free and easy, I would love to hear about it. I will be not too interested in boating here if it is too encumbered by rules and high cost, and no decent alternatives. Where do the locals run, looking to meet others with similar type boats. Like I said, there is water everywhere, so where are the good spots to run that don't disturb anyone or break the law.