Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

My Stampede VXL

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:35 PM
pjensen07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Stampede VXL

I was running my Stampede hard today all of a sudden it sounded like the gears were bad so I shut it down brought it home now it seems fine. Did I overheat it or burn the engine I dont get it
Old 09-22-2017, 10:44 AM
SlashMaxx4x4

Check your pinion and spur, its possible that your spur is stripped.

Is it making a high pitched whining sound?
Old 09-22-2017, 12:03 PM
Addicted2Flying

just had a prob with my revo making a clicking sound when drove.faster clicking the faster i went. thought it was a bent shaft or gear in transmission. turned out to be a small part of just one tooth in the differential broke off and jammed in between two teeth. So it was elevated in a single spot that caused the noise i guess. dug it out and still runs fine since the tooth that broke was only chipped slightly. Enough of the tooth was left thankfully.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Addicted2Flying

like the guy above said check for broken teeth, Bent shafts, check the motor,pinion and spur are tight. O maybe it was the slipper clutch. Do you use one? maybe it wore down or heated up and was slipping a lot? try tighten it and after all that and everything seems ok i would run it again maybe not so hard and check the motor temp often.