Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Gee Bee Z - 40 Covering Yellow and Black

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Kyosho Gee Bee Z - 40 Covering Yellow and Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 03:16 PM
DarkWorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Gee Bee Z - 40 Covering Yellow and Black

My Brother in law gave me a Gee Bee Model Z40 by Kyosho some time ago unfinished. I put it on the shelf for a few more years because the covering on the wings was lifting... Not the covering it's self but the clear coating over it. I decided to dive head first into it and removed it with acetone and sanding. I want to make sure I order the correct covering for it. It is the Yellow and Black Version Very yellow ... Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	geebeekyo.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	2233366  
Old 10-18-2017, 05:36 PM
DarkWorm

Default Gee Bee Monokote

Well I tried yellow monokote nothing fancy, it is a little less see through than the original covering but it worked out great. I recovered the entire wing with Monokote and used Ultracote for the black. I sprayed the yellow with Windex and moved my black cut-out pattern of Ultracote around until I had the desired placement. I wiped it down and pushed out the air and Windex bubble and used my Iron and heat gun to finish the job. I just have a little more red trim that I picked up from the auto parts store... (So much cheaper and it turns corners) to put on to complete the wings. I installed a E-flite-60 with a 6s 5500 mah battery the conversion was very easy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Geebee 2017.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	653.2 KB
ID:	2241603  
Old 10-20-2017, 11:45 AM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Looks Great!! Come on over and I'll let you practice on some of my planes that need recovering.