Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Need some help figuring this one out

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Need some help figuring this one out

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:48 AM
jernavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help figuring this one out

Hello all! I am new here and thank you for taking the time to look at this post

Many years ago (1996) My dad and I started building and flying R/C planes. It was an amazing bonding experience and recently I have found myself getting back into the hobby.
My father passed away back in 2008 and this past weekend while going through some of his modelling stuff I found a nearly complete seaplane. I would love to take on the project of fixing her up and getting her flying as he never had the chance to see it fly.
I've run into a snag however which brings me to why I need your help! I really have no paperwork/plans/instructions or info on the airplane and could use some help identifying it. I have attached some pictures below. If anyone has any information on who the manufacturer could be, where I could get a set of plans or anything, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks for taking the time to look at this neat project!
-Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	XGGSQWN.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	864.1 KB
ID:	2245951   Click image for larger version

Name:	sHQURwy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	949.0 KB
ID:	2245952   Click image for larger version

Name:	7k5wmUl.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1,002.1 KB
ID:	2245953   Click image for larger version

Name:	WCvajOi.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	738.3 KB
ID:	2245954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171122_090604.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	2245955  
Old 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I believe that is a Seamaster, kitted by a company out of Missouri called "Ace". They are now out of business but was once a major player in the RC airplane business. All the airplanes of their manufacture flew well, that one included. I have one hanging in my shop and they are absolutely beautiful coming up off the water and flying. Not a stunter, by far, but a very docile, fun to fly airplane.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:05 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They do fly very nice. Gentle as a trainer, looks nice doing fly bye's.

Here are the plans.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=305

Buzz.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:27 PM
jernavy

Oh my gosh you guys are the best! Thank you so much I remember it now being a Seamaster. What a great community there is here. I will keep you informed on the project as it moves along!
Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 PM
jernavy

The one I have looks like the 40 Arf after some doing some digging. I believe the tail is supposed to have a the stabilizer in the T shape. The plans that were posted here show a typical low stabilizer mounting position. Either way I'm going to be making it as it wasn't in any of the parts I found, any tips on how I should proceed?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:21 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

You are correct. It was designed and kitted as a T tail with the cable to control the elevator running along the top edge of the vertical stabilizer and without a water rudder.