Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

gearing for snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Press

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gearing for snow

I would love to hear some opinions on what the best set up is for snow. i was thinking chains on the back tires with ski's on the front for my rustler xl5 stock.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:30 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Chains on an RC car is just pointless. The wheels spin too fast and will just lose the chains in seconds. What you are looking for are large pin or paddle tires. For a Rustler, Proline Sand Paws might be a nice complement. Also, skis are very expensive, just a heads up.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Press

Originally Posted by collector1231
Chains on an RC car is just pointless. The wheels spin too fast and will just lose the chains in seconds. What you are looking for are large pin or paddle tires. For a Rustler, Proline Sand Paws might be a nice complement. Also, skis are very expensive, just a heads up.
crap, i already bought the chains. ima have to try em out atleast. if they do just end up falling off ill get the sand paws. the ski's are about 35$ so thats not to bad.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:33 PM
collector1231

Originally Posted by Press
crap, i already bought the chains. ima have to try em out atleast. if they do just end up falling off ill get the sand paws. the ski's are about 35$ so thats not to bad.

Ah, no problem then. Try it and tell me how it goes!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:51 AM
tacx

The best set up is to pack up all your belongings and head south
Old 12-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Press

Originally Posted by collector1231
Ah, no problem then. Try it and tell me how it goes!
will do! just gotta wait for the snow now.

Originally Posted by tacx
The best set up is to pack up all your belongings and head south
lol nah bro i dont like the hot weather.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:56 AM
wreckemall

Originally Posted by Press
I would love to hear some opinions on what the best set up is for snow. i was thinking chains on the back tires with ski's on the front for my rustler xl5 stock.
I'm probably replying a little too late here, but this information could still be useful for someone:

Check out XG-12 from Thule. It provides a lot more clearance, for the fact that it has dual sided D shaped links. I own a 2014 ex-l 2wd honda crv. I've been using these snow chains for quite a while now, and undoubtedly, it's the best investment I've ever made. Converts my 2WD into an absolute beast, provides exceptional traction even in heavy snow, and in icy regions as well. It has some sort of self-tensioning mechanism, which adds up to the overall grip on tires.