Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Happy 2019 from ModellbauUK

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Happy 2019 from ModellbauUK

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 PM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy 2019 from ModellbauUK

Just to wish all our customers a wonderful New Flying Year and to update you on how we are doing as we haven't posted for a while

We have been in our new premises for a little over a year now and all is going very well. The premises are much more geared up as the traditional models shop style and we regularly get comments of "Aladdin's Man Cave" on first impressions but we also get the comment of "I didn't even know you were here!" or "I wish I had found you sooner". A small amount of advertising but mainly word-of-mouth recommendations has significantly improved our footfall.

Walk in Model Shops are rare now in the South of England, Often our customers will drive miles to visit us which is wonderful to know. Last weekend a club had a 2 car outing as a group just to come and see us on a day when weather had grounded them, thanks guys.

We do try to cater for most branches of the hobby but most of our sales go to Fixed Wing Aircraft and Cars with Electric being the main energy source.

At this time of year self build kits and balsa/hard wood materials etc. are going well as you would expect. We have good stocks of Balsa and other woods. Also, Car sales have gone extremely well over the Christmas period, again, as you would expect

Our shop is open 6 days a week with update opening times being listed on our website at the bottom of the homepage. You can also subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the homepage to receive regular updates and offer deals.

To make finding us easier on the net we changed our URL to www.themodelshop.net, the old address still works so your current links will be fine.

We are looking forward to 2019 especially as we will be opening an RC Car track in the Spring with construction work starting in February. This will be on smallish scale to start off with but hopefully it will grow over time, should be fun

We will also be hosting for the second year our Family Day but this year is will be mid July and we are aiming for 19th-21st July with camping on site. Keep an eye on our website for further details. Fixed Wing, Rotor Wing (Drones & Helicopters)and Cars will be the main branches of the hobby on display.

Keep an eye on this space for further updates and once again I would like to wish all our current and prospective customers a Very Happy 2019 with safe landing and no vertical object collisions.

All the best

Ian