Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Super Tigre Parts

Old 02-12-2018, 01:04 PM
mcbrideb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre Parts

im probably late to the game, but, can anyone tell me where I can find parts for a supertigre 90? I have searched everywhere and am in need of a gasket set and cylinder head.
any help would be great.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:56 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would suggest asking in the glow engine forum you should get a faster response. Super Tiger as far as I know is out of business but someone on the glow forum may have what you need.

Good luck
Old 02-12-2018, 09:08 PM
mcbrideb

thanks Ira D, that was helpful
Old 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you need a new cylinder head? Is it because of a stripped glow plug boss? If that's the case just send it to Lee Custom engines , Clarence advertises in the back of every Model Aviation. He will install a helicoil perfectly. I,ve used his inexpensive services many a time over the years.

John
Old 02-14-2018, 06:06 AM
carlgrover

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

These days you are nearly better off to find the engine you need at a swap meet. I've seen NIB engines go for near nothing. Run it until something breaks, then use that engine for parts and find another for cheap. I've seen tons of used and nearly new engines for sale at swap meets. I've seen so many at the Perry, GA swap meet that I just couldn't believe it.

carl
Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 AM
Gene Margiotti
My Feedback: (4)

I'm a little late to reply, but there are currently several Super Tigre engines on ebay. See if you can pick one up for spare parts. The only other method would be to ask around at your club or try a swap meet. Sadly, they are out of business now and parts are hard to come by. Good luck!! I too love glow engines of all kinds.

Gene