Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Been Away Too Long. Need Help

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Been Away Too Long. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 07:00 AM
superchargedill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been Away Too Long. Need Help

Hi Guys,
I've been away from flying since about 2012 and am getting my stuff in order but it appears some things have changed. I have both Nitro and Electric. I used to buy a lot of nitro stuff from Tower Hobbies and Electric from Motion RC. It appears that Tower has very limited stock and doesn't have the starter batteries or pump batteries that I need. It also looks like Motion doesn't carry any of the ROC planes we purchased. Those were nice quality. Who is the go to now for this stuff ? Thanks for your help, Dil I have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:09 AM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back! I'm not familiar with the ROC planes you mention but Motion certainly is not lacking for other choices. The FMS planes they sell are great (at least the ones I have seen and flown). As for nitro stuff from Tower...you might notice less inventory because fuel has become so expensive and hard to get. A lot of us are going to gas (lots of engine choices now) or electric...
Old 05-07-2019, 04:43 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still run primarily nitro and find most of my stuff either locally or on AMain/eBay.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:32 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started using lipo batteries on my starter and flight box recently. I have a dynatron starter I use a 5s battery on and I run 4s in my flight box for glow and fuel pump. Works fine. I am sure a 12v starter will be ok at 4s also but use a separate battery for each.