The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NATS newbie Advice

Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default NATS newbie Advice

i have decided to enter my first NATS. This year 2018. Fun Scale. Entry class. I have the fortune of selecting from several planes. I plan on selecting my competitor in the next 2 weeks. My choices are:
kangke Howard DGA
SIG WACO SRE
VQ Pilatus Porter
Goldberg Decathlon
can anyone give me some advice? I plan on practicing every day, unless tsforms are in the area. Bringing lots of spare parts.
Thank You in advance.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In my opinion, the practicing every day part is far more important than the plane you choose. Of the ones you listed my choice would be the Howard DGA. Practicing for perfection in the flight maneuvers you will be doing at the Nats is the key.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just another thought. If you are serious about the Nats, it might be advisable to have 2 of whichever plane you choose. One for practice and one kept pristine for the competition.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:22 PM
TFF

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Fly the plane you are most comfortable with especially in the wind. Try to fly the maneuvers a lot. PIck the ones you do well and you are allowed to change them round to round. You will find some work better once you are there. The more aerobatic the maneuver is the tougher to score well. If you have special maneuvers your plane does scale, you can wright your own one up. Make sure you have a picture of the real plane or you will loose the bonus points; happens all the time. Practice low level flight one end of your field to the other. Its not a pattern contest so you dont have to hit the next maneuver immediately. Fly around a second and set the next one up like you like; give the judges a time to score the last one. Its fun but different when you are up at bat than your home field. I wish I was going; I have not flown a scale contest in about 6 years. Yikes.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:35 AM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, I am going to use the Hangar 9 Super Cub; the older version slightly bashed... Practice begins this week..
am thinking about camping. IN a tent. I assume the camping area will be a safe area for me? Will there be a shower room, ala Oshkosh?