Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Futaba Frequency Chips...(Tx and Rx)

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Futaba Frequency Chips...(Tx and Rx)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 03:46 PM
R Verbael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Frequency Chips...(Tx and Rx)

I have probably some dozen Futaba 72 meg transmitters and a like amount of receivers. These items lack frequency chips and are therefore unusable to me. Would some kind soul happen to have any frequency chips that they could spare?? Please call to discuss what you have: (406) 781-7233

Thanks in advance.

Russ
Old 05-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Try here. RADICAL RC CRYSTAL EXCHANGE
Old 05-06-2018, 02:16 PM
R Verbael

Rod
Thanks for the tip, but as I look at the web site, it appears that if a guy does not have a chip to trade, he is out of luck. Am I wrong??
Russ V.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Rod_Hart

Email or call Dave at Radical RC

https://www.radicalrc.com/
Old 05-09-2018, 10:15 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi, did you contact Futaba and ask about crystals for your rx and tx? go to this website and have a look. https://www.futabarc.com/index.html if you cant find it there is a link where you can contact them
Good Luck
Michael Johnston
Old 05-18-2018, 04:55 PM
DGrant

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by R Verbael
I have probably some dozen Futaba 72 meg transmitters and a like amount of receivers. These items lack frequency chips and are therefore unusable to me. Would some kind soul happen to have any frequency chips that they could spare?? Please call to discuss what you have: (406) 781-7233

Thanks in advance.

Russ

It makes it tough when there's 50 channels of "crystals" (not "chips"). What specific crystals do you need? The more info you give, the more feedback you'll get. It's absolutely free to write it down here.... I assure you. I've got dozens of crystals... List what you need and maybe you'll get a call. Good luck with it.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 PM
R Verbael

Mr. Grant:
I was able to buy at a local swap meet what I thought would be a great deal in getting back into old time RC.....I quickly discovered that the CRYSTALS were missing from the Futaba transmitters and Futaba receivers. Once again, I would gladly pay someone for these missing crystals. Naturally the frequencies need to match. I know that there must be a ton of unwanted 72 meg equipment out there....so I hope that someone would turn loose of the needed frequency crystals that they no longer intend to use.
Thanks

Russ.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:43 PM
DGrant

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Depending on the Futaba receivers, there's a high-band and low-band, if you weren't aware of that. Futaba.com has more info on how to identify what you have(if you need an ID).

That would probably determine more then anything the crystals you can actually use in your system. EBay would probably be another great place to find crystals. I agree there's a ton of crystals running around somewhere. It used to be recommended that transmitter crystals be changed by Futaba, because they were said to tune the system as part of that change. Probably not so much anymore... You're probably taking your chances with the equipment of course... and that's entirely up to you. I'd be wondering how the batteries are in those trannies as well. Some of them have to be old.. so just check it all out. I'll ponder where you might pick up some crystals.. but for now check EBay... and keep your eyes on the radio-classified forum here and over on RCGroups.com.

There's actually a crystal swap/trade sticky thread in the radio-classified on RCGroups.com... so you might check that out too. I'd bet someone there would have a set that might work as well.