The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Just Wondering

Old 06-17-2018, 12:58 PM
latebloomer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Just Wondering

If you offered a fellow flyer a ride to the club each weekend who doesn't own a vehicle of his own. I was curious as to what you'd take as a Thank You, whether it would be food, gas, cash, advice, friendship or R/C accessories such as nitro fuel? If I were offering shuttle services to & from the field, I'd probably prefer R/C accessories.

Looking forward to hearing your answers
Old 06-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wouldn't expect anything. I would get my reward just from helping out a friend/fellow flyer.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:31 PM
latebloomer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess a simple "thank you" is all it takes, even I had thought that because this hobby can get pricey, the person/driver may appreciate something "extra" for his nice gesture. I have an O.S. 40 engine without a plane, misc equipment including an Airtronics radio. I have some tools here in Edmonton & some equipment at my sister's place in Calgary Ab. I lived in Calgary for a long time & when I got involved in r/c my hobby shop suggested the Sig LT-40 trainer. I skipped this step & went straight to helis. I wasn't a very good pilot. My parents moved from an acreage into the city, so I lost my "flying" spot. I'd like to get into model railroading as I can do that year round, yet with r/c aircraft is a seasonal thing in between time on a flight sim. I'm a guy without a car though & club airfields aren't next door like a Starbucks. I'll probably have to chose one hobby or the other but not both. The hobby shops here sell Great Planes aircraft.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 02:45 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by latebloomer View Post
If you offered a fellow flyer a ride to the club each weekend who doesn't own a vehicle of his own. I was curious as to what you'd take as a Thank You, whether it would be food, gas, cash, advice, friendship or R/C accessories such as nitro fuel? If I were offering shuttle services to & from the field, I'd probably prefer R/C accessories.

Well if you're going to offer a 'service", you should let them know in advance want you expect in payment for that service,,

if you're doing the guy a favor, you're doing a favor and a simple "thanks" is all he owes you.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:12 AM
latebloomer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Scale.
You have a good point there, instead of say flying all summer then coming up with a payment solution. I hate asking people for rides as I'd rather not put a kink in their day, especially if they had a crash at the airfield.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK, I guess I misunderstood your first post,,,, you're the guy asking for the ride wanting to repay the guy,,

Offering him gas money or to buy him lunch,, I think I'd appreciate that sort of gesture.

Good luck
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 PM
latebloomer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes. I don't own a vehicle but I own a bicycle, even then it would be tricky.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:08 AM
warningshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think money for gas is best.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:09 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes. I don't own a vehicle but I own a bicycle, even then it would be tricky.
Perhaps not??

Old 06-19-2018, 02:47 PM
latebloomer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello John Buckner.
I was thinking of using a child/plane carrier for everything, except I would have to figure out the bike trails & try not to have too many drivers using their horns. I need to get my bike out anyway now that the weather is nice. I appreciate all the answers since I asked this question.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 06:36 AM
r ward

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

companionship has a value as well......
Old 07-12-2018, 06:24 AM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by r ward View Post
companionship has a value as well......
Yea , It does , , , But , , since cars don't run on love , like some of the thread's other respondents I think the offer of gas money every so often is the most appropriate way to say thanks .

Last edited by init4fun; 07-12-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old Today, 04:36 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would do it for the good karma, nothing else....in fact, I believe making a list of what you should get is actually bad karma.

You asked.
Old Today, 06:38 AM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by mr_matt View Post
I would do it for the good karma, nothing else....in fact, I believe making a list of what you should get is actually bad karma.

You asked.
Um , Matt , , , You DO realize the guy asking the question is the guy GETTING , and not GIVING the ride , yes ?????

He was asking what he should GIVE his friend for the friend's generosity of giving him rides to the field , and not asking what he should GET for giving someone a ride , as your flawed answer implies with your "bad karma" dig ......

Reading comprehension , yep , in VERY short supply on the net , as your answer points out ALL too well .

PS , you OWE the man an apology , care to "man up" and offer it , or will you take the usual tack and attack me and my post for calling out your obviously flawed response to the OP ?????
Old Today, 07:40 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Um , Matt , , , You DO realize the guy asking the question is the guy GETTING , and not GIVING the ride , yes ?????

He was asking what he should GIVE his friend for the friend's generosity of giving him rides to the field , and not asking what he should GET for giving someone a ride , as your flawed answer implies with your "bad karma" dig ......

Reading comprehension , yep , in VERY short supply on the net , as your answer points out ALL too well .

PS , you OWE the man an apology , care to "man up" and offer it , or will you take the usual tack and attack me and my post for calling out your obviously flawed response to the OP ?????

Easy mistake to make, the way the OP was posed, Don't see the need to go off on Matt for this,, I think you owe Matt an apology
Old Today, 07:44 AM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
Easy mistake to make, the way the OP was posed, Don't see the need to go off on Matt for this,, I think you owe Matt an apology
Nope , not even close , a read though the thread is all it would have taken , and the "bad Karma" comment didn't sit well with me and WAS uncalled for .

Would it REALLY have been so hard to have read through ALL 14 posts before he jumped on the guy ????

Nice try though , now go find someone else to troll ...

I will also add , there have been PLENTY of times I've agreed with Matt's posts , and have taken his side in dustups here , and that's because I base my responses on the content of posts , period . Say something I agree with and I'm right there . Say something I disagree with and I'm calling it out , NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE . You , on the other hand Scale , You base your responses on who is the one saying something instead of the posts themselves , and that in my eye is exactly what makes you a troll . Now , I don't need to be your friend , your buddy , or your yes man , like you are to various people out here . Because it was I who called out the "bad Karma" slam OF COURSE you had to get mouthy about it , yet I'm sure one of your on line "buddies" wouldn't have received the same judgement . Just know this , I truly couldn't give a rats butt about you , what you think , or your BS you've slung at me ever since I told you what I thought of you years ago here . Get over yourself kid , you place far more importance on your trite opinions here than anyone else does , least of all me .

Last edited by init4fun; Today at 08:06 AM.
Old Today, 10:07 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, like I've told others,, if you don't post nonsense,, guys won't call you on your nonsense
Old Today, 10:34 AM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
Well, like I've told others,, if you don't post nonsense,, guys won't call you on your nonsense
Hallmarks of a troll , just GOTTA get the last word in , OK Scale , you win enjoy your last word , got better things to do than play the one up game with a troll on an all but dead forum .
Old Today, 10:43 AM
tntpooof

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lab you offered the ride so you better not expect a single thing to me thats a lamer.. offer then want something .. LOL..he dint ask you you asked him.