Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Getting Back Into The Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Getting Back Into The Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:21 PM
nomis38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Getting Back Into The Hobby

Well I was a strong user of Ultimate RC, I'm back into the hobby and see that URC died , hoping to mingle here and share stories, help with advice, and obviously get help too when i need it, not often i need help but there is always a time im just stuck and need suggestions. Any-who here is a glimpse of what I've been up to. Right now i'm saving up to get either a Arrma Outcast/Notorious or a Blade 360 CFX. I feel like I've had everything in the book when it comes to RC stuff, but there is a lot of new stuff now days and I'm loving it all the changes over the years.

Current Fleet:
Arrma Senton: buggy body with custom vinyl decals, 17mm knock off badlands, custom made debris cover over chassis
Kyosho Mad Crusher: been in the game for 18 years, had to have a nitro and wanted something I've never had, stiffened body and live axle housings with shoegoo, and installed LED headlights
DJI F450: Naza M V2, LED's, custom landing gear and battery mount

Radio Equipment:
FS-i6S: Custom installed 8db antenna's for the air dwellers
Radiolink RC4GS: for the groundies, with steering gyro "honestly doesnt work that well" haha

Batteries:
Zee lipos: 2x2s 5200mah
Ovonic lipos: 2x2s 5200mah
Goldbat: 2x3s 3000mah

Chargers:
HTRC: 2x 150w 10amp AC/DC, one touch screen unit, one not

Soldering Station:
Zeny: 937D+ digital

I have reviewed most of the items in my youtube channel I just started back up. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_F..._as=subscriber

Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to RCU!
I`m primarily a .40-.60 glow powered ply and balsa kit builder pilot with a few foamies in the fleet. I do, however, own a vintage Duratrax .21 powered Thunder Quake truck I purchased new back in 2004. I know their reputation among serious hobbyists as being cheap junk, but I`ve gotten a lot of fun out of this RTR truck for $300.00.
Some nice vehicles you have there.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:11 PM
nomis38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
Welcome to RCU!
I`m primarily a .40-.60 glow powered ply and balsa kit builder pilot with a few foamies in the fleet. I do, however, own a vintage Duratrax .21 powered Thunder Quake truck I purchased new back in 2004. I know their reputation among serious hobbyists as being cheap junk, but I`ve gotten a lot of fun out of this RTR truck for $300.00.
Some nice vehicles you have there.
thx so much, glad to be here, and back in the hobby