Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ebay addicts

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easytiger

I agree with you in the text you say it. All thing's being equal, a deal is a deal, The guy who does the leg work and pay's for the post's should be compensated , Not what I was talking about,I was referring to the braggart power buyers, who are more like used car salesmen than RC enthusiast's ,passing on some equipment they no longer have use for.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:22 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebay addicts

Not everything on Ebay goes for too much. I have come away with numerous good deals.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:23 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Default Re: easytiger

Originally posted by Buz^
I agree with you in the text you say it. All thing's being equal, a deal is a deal, The guy who does the leg work and pay's for the post's should be compensated , Not what I was talking about,I was referring to the braggart power buyers, who are more like used car salesmen than RC enthusiast's ,passing on some equipment they no longer have use for.
I think I know what you mean. Being a real veteran of the swaps, auctions, and all the rest, I know that some guys just push it a little too hard. Some guys are doing it for a living, even. In my experience, the guys who are too pushy, or take buying/selling/swapping too seriously, don't really end up making much at it anyway. The word gets around sooner or later.
And again, someone who swings through here buying all sorts of stuff,expecting to turn it around for a big profit, is probably going to take a bath anyway. Maybe once in a while, he will make a buck, but if it is here, as I see it, it is essentially already "found", know what I mean?
Old 06-30-2002, 06:25 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Default ebay addicts

Originally posted by rcflier_gi
Not everything on Ebay goes for too much. I have come away with numerous good deals.
A very, very good point. For every NIB Cap that sells for over retail, there is another one that sells for below retail. I've gotten some really good deals, too.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:02 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Default ebay addicts

I`ve bought a few items on eBay and know when to stop bidding. There have been a number of kits I would have liked to have gotten. Since I collect out of production RC kits and RTF control line stuff from cox etc. I find that eBay is the place to be simply because that is where the largest offering is. As for buying stuff that is still available at the hobby shop.. does seem abit silly. But then.. you can buy fish at the grocery store so why go fishing..just a thought.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:54 AM
Hanger Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay addicts

You guys are right about some of the stuff sold on E-Bay. I am guilty of making a few purchases myself. ie Two 9202 nib futaba servos for $35 each. Six wooden 20X8 props for $42. Two 18inch servo extensions and a y lead for $4.50. I missed this one and am still kicking myself a G23 nib for $25. That was last week. This week I bought two G38 engine mounts for $31( B&B sells em at $35 or $38 each) As you can readily understand, my advice to you. Please do not bid on E-Bay. LOL