Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hi guys

Old 05-23-2019, 01:57 AM
supertigrefan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi guys

Hi all from the UK.
I was a member of the RCM&E Modelflying forum for a time but the dictatorial moderation, fondness for closing threads and frankly user unfriendly, inadequate forum hosting has forced me to ditch them and register here for my aeromodelling enjoyment.
I'm a returnee from the 80's, prefer traditional balsa builds and IC and have a nagging interest and undying fondness for Biplanes and WW2 warbirds (particularly the Tempest/Typhoon and Hurricane at present), although I'm not too interested in electric motors I plan to become more involved with them as I'd like to try my hand at EDF jets, something which back in the day could only be acheived with ducted glow engines, I certainly see the attraction of electric power and will take advantage of the opportunities it has opened up but I'm a mechanical deviant at heart and enjoy the smell, noise, oil and character of burning fuel over transferring electrons.
Hope I am able to contribute soon and become part of the community.

Last edited by supertigrefan; 05-23-2019 at 01:58 AM. Reason: To add more detail.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:03 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

When you decide to go the EDF route, the very best choice is the Freewing Avanti 80mm.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back from a fellow glow powered balsa and ply enthusiast. Were much friendlier here on RCU.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:43 PM
supertigrefan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,
The bickering, whining, sucking up and gloom over there is incredible, this is a much more user friendly site, more active and hopefully the advice given is better, on that site when a question is asked too many want to post without giving an answer, usually starting by saying, "Well I can't answer that but someone will be along who can", yeah thanks for that, great help, then you get the type that always offer advice but it's usually 30% correct at best......jeez