Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How To Get involved in Competitions

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How To Get involved in Competitions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:07 PM
OrcaBoat3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Get involved in Competitions

I've been driving Nitro r/c monster trucks for 20+ years. I'm a good driver and have longed to get involved in competitions. How does one get involved in such competitions? I'm in the Boston, MA area and would be interested in something local.

my first nitro monster. 19 years old and still running!
Old 04-27-2019, 03:00 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well what sort of competition you thinking about?,,

RC Racing is everywhere,, find a local track,, the SCT class is a good place to start IMO

good luck
Old 04-27-2019, 05:40 AM
OrcaBoat3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Well what sort of competition you thinking about?,,

RC Racing is everywhere,, find a local track,, the SCT class is a good place to start IMO

good luck
Ideally I would prefer monster truck competitions. But.. I'm also fascinated with buggy competitions, like ones we always hear about involving the Kyosho Inferno and others.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:16 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I admit I'm not 100% up on things,, but never heard of RC Monster truck Competition

try these for inspiration

Liverc.com
rctech.net

good luck
Old 04-28-2019, 02:37 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by OrcaBoat3
Ideally I would prefer monster truck competitions. But.. I'm also fascinated with buggy competitions, like ones we always hear about involving the Kyosho Inferno and others.
Hi OrcaBoat ,

In Foxboro Ma. , about 25 miles southwest of Boston there is a great hobbyshop named "HobbyQuarters" (Formerly "RC Hover's hobby stop") that is big on RC trucks . I haven't been there in a few years but a few years ago they had a great looking outdoor dirt track for racing the RC trucks that always seemed quite active on the weekends . You may want to hit them up and see if the track still exists and if they can hook you up with some local monster truck action ....