The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Field Damge

Old 04-30-2019, 10:41 AM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Field Damge

Last fall and this spring our grass runway seems to be a great playground for vandalism. Our field has been torn up so bad this year it's going to take a huge effort to get it usable again. The property belongs to the town, we repay them by generous donations to various town agencies. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions we haven't already considered (game cameras, local police presence (they can't be there 24/7), etc. The area encompasses about 100 acres so fencing is not an option. Just wondering what other clubs have done...
Old 04-30-2019, 12:07 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (52)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Our Club is in a public park that is open 24/7. No fences. There are a lot of people that have 4-wheelers that love to come in and do donuts. We also get artists......ha! That like to come at help decorate our storage containers. The Club decided to put in high quality cameras with recording. The cameras can see license plate numbers and peopleís faces. The field can be watched on any of the members computers or phones. II donít know much about it, because I donít personally use it. BUT! With the help of the system, the city police has made a few arrests. Those who have been caught, donít come back to do it again.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:52 AM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the input Dan. Cameras have been talked about but we have no place to put them...we have no structures near our runway, just flight stands. They wouldn't last long! If you fly with the r/seahawks I have been there, a guest of one of your members. You have a great facility!
Old 05-12-2019, 02:41 AM
carlgrover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We had the same problem. A good game camera is the way to go.

carl