Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is This Intentional?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 12:44 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is This Intentional?

I am installing a Spektrum A8010T in my Top Flight Cessna 182, using Hitec 645 MG servos. In addition, I have been getting my servo leads from either EBay or Amazon depending on the price. It seems that every lead, or servo plug needs to be sanded, or filed to narrow it, or corners rounded to fit the receiver. I have had trouble with every single one, but the bind plug. Is this intentional? I can't imagine that Spektrum specs are the problem, but you never know. Ant info, or tips in connecting the leads is welcome.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only have 1 spectrum receiver that's on an apprentice so l wouldn't know if it is common; however I do have that problem with my airtronic receivers. I have no problem with JR, Hitec, or Futaba receivers.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I really doubt it is a problem with the receiver. Many at our field use Spectrum but I have never heard a similar complaint. My money is on the leads you have been buying being the culprit here.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:45 PM
hookedonrc

Steve, I don't disagree with your statement, except that I have been using the same leads in the 6 channel rx without any problems. And, I have another 8 ch rx that they fit as well. This is the first time I have encountered it.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:12 PM
PatrickM

I have heard similar complaints concerning this same Spectrum receiver. However, I bought one a few months ago from Horizon and didn't encounter this issue, so maybe they have corrected the problem in the latest batch. I am also using 645 servos.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:29 AM
hookedonrc

Thanks Patrick, I hope that is the case. I have been able to get the leads all installed, but each had to be reduced in size. I also used multiple vendor types and still had problems. If what you say is correct, then I am hopeful that just the one receiver is affected. I did get the wiring completed and tested yesterday and all channels are working fine. So what mods I did do were sufficient to allow the plugs to be inserted.