Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Renewing Drone Registration

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Renewing Drone Registration

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 08:56 AM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Renewing Drone Registration

What is the proper way to do this? I found this site but not sure if it is the actual FAA site. The FAA doesn't seem to have a renew option.

https://drone-registration.net/faa-d...ation-renewal/
Old 08-25-2019, 09:50 AM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

This is the official website of the FAA.
https://www.faa.gov/
Old 08-25-2019, 06:11 PM
tmulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure hope they plan many more testing centers. Right now, there are none within 100 miles of my home.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:48 AM
AllModesR/C

o
Originally Posted by flyboy2610
This is the official website of the FAA.
https://www.faa.gov/
What do you click to renew a UAS certificate number? All I see are N number renewals for full scale. This whole thing is ridiculous, having to jump through these hoops to fly a glow model since we got lumped in with drones.

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 08-26-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:00 AM
flyboy2610

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
What do you click to renew a UAS certificate number? All I see are N number renewals for full scale. This whole thing is ridiculous, having to jump through these hopes to fly a glow model since we got lumped in with drones.
I don't know what you have to click. I was just steering you to the official FAA website. I don't have anything flyable at this time, so I haven't had to deal with it.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:22 AM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
What is the proper way to do this? I found this site but not sure if it is the actual FAA site. The FAA doesn't seem to have a renew option.

That site is a total ripoff; they take your money ($18.16) send you an email telling you that you will receive an email from FAA and you have to send $5 to them. the actual renewal fee. Never received the email from the FAA or my label. I tried calling them phone # invalid (doesn't even rings just goes to dial tone) reported it to bank got my money back.

try this site for renewing https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ login (you should be registered from your initial registration, should be able to renew if yours has expired.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:32 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/

This is the correct site. When you go there, if you have already registered you can click LOGIN in the upper right.

Any original registrations that weren't deleted after that court case were extended to Dec 2020

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 08-27-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:50 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey

This is the correct site. When you go there, if you have already registered you can click LOGIN in the upper right.

Any original registrations that weren't deleted after that court case were extended to Dec 2020
Did you read my post above yours? Also, did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of their page? Were you able to log in to your FAA account from their page? Were you able to read their terms of service before agreeing to it? Have you been able to contact them about your renewal? Are you saying that you have pay them $18.16 for a single label to renew your FAA registration?
Old 08-26-2019, 06:25 PM
AllModesR/C

Originally Posted by rcjetflyer0718-RCU
That site is a total ripoff; they take your money ($18.16) send you an email telling you that you will receive an email from FAA and you have to send $5 to them. the actual renewal fee. Never received the email from the FAA or my label. I tried calling them phone # invalid (doesn't even rings just goes to dial tone) reported it to bank got my money back.

try this site for renewing https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ login (you should be registered from your initial registration, should be able to renew if yours has expired.
Thank you, that's what I was looking for. That first site seemed like bull**** so I am glad I asked. What's this about December 2020 I hear?
Old 08-27-2019, 02:39 AM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by rcjetflyer0718-RCU
Did you read my post above yours? Also, did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of their page? Were you able to log in to your FAA account from their page? Were you able to read their terms of service before agreeing to it? Have you been able to contact them about your renewal? Are you saying that you have pay them $18.16 for a single label to renew your FAA registration?
I don't know why it grabbed that link, I fixed it in my post.

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/
Is the correct link

Sorry for any confusion!

Original registrations are extended to Dec 2020
Old 09-13-2019, 06:29 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Really surprised any of you actually sent them money. Just another unjust Fee/Tax.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 AM
BarracudaHockey

True.

Just like my car tag, trailer tag, and dog license
Old 09-13-2019, 08:10 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I have model aircraft, I do not have any drones. FAA can kiss my toucan.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 AM
BarracudaHockey

LOL

I'm sure that will "fly"
Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 AM
acdii

Wasn't there actually an RC model plane with that name? Now that would be something to see, having them kiss a greasy castor laden plane.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:09 PM
AllModesR/C

Originally Posted by Henpecked
Really surprised any of you actually sent them money. Just another unjust Fee/Tax.
In hindsight I agree. Especially since it was postponed.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:44 PM
AllModesR/C

When is this certification course becoming mandatory?

Old 10-07-2019, 06:40 AM
zedorda

This is a very short sighted opinion.

Are you also confused about why we have to register guns, autos, planes, boats, etc? You know what is in common with all these things? They are owned by people and operated by people. People who can kill or maim another person with said item. Can cause real damage to real estate or property. Just like if your kid gets killed by a car you want to be able to have that person tracked down and be prosecuted/penalized for that act. It is the same for any remotely controlled vehicle of any real weight to be lethal/able to cause $2500 or more(rough example) in damages.

Registration allows for enforceable means of responsibility and the fee is to pay for the infrastructure for it.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 AM
acdii

Seems that for at least 80 years, there was no need for Government oversight for model aircraft. It has only been in the last 10 years with these damned quads and careless people who think they don't have to follow rules and fly at a sanctioned flying field that now big brother needs to get their nose into it.

They can take their registration and shove it.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:56 AM
zedorda

I do agree, we shouldn't need these things but I am aware and understand why people thought it required to do it. Sadly there is just too much stupid that just can't be fixed before birth...yet
Old 10-07-2019, 07:08 AM
acdii

Now that I can agree with!
Old 10-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs down More like "SHORT SIGHTED MANDATE" for tax dollars

Originally Posted by zedorda
This is a very short sighted opinion.

Are you also confused about why we have to register guns, autos, planes, boats, etc? You know what is in common with all these things? They are owned by people and operated by people. People who can kill or maim another person with said item. Can cause real damage to real estate or property. Just like if your kid gets killed by a car you want to be able to have that person tracked down and be prosecuted/penalized for that act. It is the same for any remotely controlled vehicle of any real weight to be lethal/able to cause $2500 or more(rough example) in damages.

Registration allows for enforceable means of responsibility and the fee is to pay for the infrastructure for it.
The original 1/2 pound and over is stupid. Commercial use is fine. To put a starting weight limit of reasonable value would have been somewhere in the 10 to 15 pound area. I don't care about your "what if" scenarios. Registering something doesn't stop it's illicit use nor accidental. Sorry but Hillary can't fix everything anymore than a new law. The registration is overreaching for non-commercial use.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:23 AM
zedorda

The original 1/2 pound and over is stupid. Commercial use is fine. To put a starting weight limit of reasonable value would have been somewhere in the 10 to 15 pound area. I don't care about your "what if" scenarios. Registering something doesn't stop it's illicit use nor accidental. Sorry but Hillary can't fix everything anymore than a new law. The registration is overreaching for non-commercial use.
I agree wholeheartedly. Which I think indicates how much of a problem the lack of intelligence validation is in our election process. It would be nice if we could actually put in place people able to deduce solutions and not just how to line their pockets.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, but the problem is a lot of that money just seems to disappear. Trillions in taxes yet our infrastructure continues to crumble. Our streets should be paved with gold.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:55 AM
AllModesR/C

I do agree, we shouldn't need these things but I am aware and understand why people thought it required to do it. Sadly there is just too much stupid that just can't be fixed before birth...yet
Kneejerk reaction with a slew of new laws like what the gov usually does when something happens. All responsible modelers already had AMA insurance to cover the possible damage a plane can do to a house or what have you. It's actually a requirement to fly at most, if not all, club fields. As already mentioned this FAA involvement only occurred after these quad things hit the market. Any drone pilot who is intent on flying over stadiums or near full-scale aircraft simply won't put the silly reg number on the aircraft. This requirement accomplishes nothing but makes us jump through burdensome hoops for nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.