Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Starting a rc track for some side $

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Starting a rc track for some side $

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 05:12 AM
dhonda200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Starting a rc track for some side $

Hey, so I've been seriously thinking about building an outdoor r/c track for my own personal use. But I'm pondering the idea around of possibly setting it up for some local people where they can come by for $10.00 and run all day on the weekend.

Would it be a good idea to charge people to use my track? could that become a small money maker possibly? like 50-60.00 a week extra cash in my pocket.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:24 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dhonda200
Hey, so I've been seriously thinking about building an outdoor r/c track for my own personal use. But I'm pondering the idea around of possibly setting it up for some local people where they can come by for $10.00 and run all day on the weekend.

Would it be a good idea to charge people to use my track? could that become a small money maker possibly? like 50-60.00 a week extra cash in my pocket.
Make sure whatever you charge takes consideration of the insurance your gonna need to cover your butt if someone gets hurt at your business
Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yep, it's not as simple as taking money. At minimum, I'd suggest speaking with a lawyer about liabilities involved.
If you still want to pursue it, I'd suggest one of two routes: 1. Create a club and charge annual dues that cover maintenance and the value of the land. 2. Make some official competitive events and try to get some sponsors. Of the two, the club route is probably less trouble, but you'd have to work out how to give members access and how to limit freeloaders.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What LITTLE you probably will make , isn't worth the HEAD ACHES , you will probably get . ENJOY Red
Old 10-07-2019, 07:11 AM
zedorda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you let it run as a privately owned public access park. Then sell merch, water, food, electricity if available. As long as you don't charge for access to the land and have signs up clearly stating use at own risk. Liability is very limited. Thats how many public playgrounds work that have concessions.