Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Looking for a club in Tulsa

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Looking for a club in Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 06:00 PM
rcsoar4fun
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a club in Tulsa

I have noticed there are a handful of clubs in the Tulsa Oklahoma area. Anyone have any recommendations? I have flown sailplanes/electrics for years, but looking to start flying nitro planes. Any better than others?

Kristopher
Old 10-03-2003, 07:15 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Looking for a club in Tulsa

Check us out. We own our own field and have a fully equipped (including indoor bathrooms) clubhouse with heat and A/C. We are having a "Boy Scouts Day" at the field tomorrow (Saturday) - come on out and take a look. We will have food at noon!!

www.americanturfflyers.com

Dan
Old 10-03-2003, 12:29 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with dant, I belong to the club as well. I think you will find the facilities to be great.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:06 PM
rcsoar4fun

Guys-
Thanks for the response. I have also gotten a good response from the club down in Glenpool. I will try ti visit both this weekend. How much flying in your club is electrics or sailplanes?

Kristopher
Old 10-04-2003, 08:58 PM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

Well, we had our Boy Scout fly-in today. It turned out great!!!!!!! 9 Scouts showed up and had a great time. We had 35 to 40 planes all lined up on the pad! The vision was breathtaking. Best part of the day (besides great weather) we only had one crash! That was due to a Avistar trainer hitting a bird!
Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks fireman...you brought back memories..... MINE! What rcfireman forgot to say is that the Scouts were asking questions in the moring about what happens if you hit a bird. Well, I showed them. Not on purpose, but what a spectacular hit. The plane almost disintegrated in mid-air. Still a good day though, got in about 10 flights on the buddy box with different scouts. They had a great day.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:05 PM
rcsoar4fun

Never managed to hit a bird in flight. Somewhere I have a picture of my Spirit 2m sailplane flying right next to a bald eagle. Amazing how big the bird was compared to the plane. Kinda makes you paranoid about bringing small dogs to the field .

I visited the Bald Eagles club this weekend. They all seemed like a great group of guys, with a nice field close to my house. Hopefully will be out there flying soon, need to find a cheap .40 airplane before it starts snowing around here!

Kristopher
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Having the scouts out is a great deal. Any of you clubs that have not done it need to. It's the most fun I have had flying and answering questions all year. David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56348.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	68946