Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

fresh air breathing system for the hobbyist

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

fresh air breathing system for the hobbyist

Old 04-27-2002, 01:32 PM
gadjetman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fresh air breathing system for the hobbyist

Has anyone had any experience with a breathing system that the hobbyist can use at home ...like the one by CLM Enterprises for $400...I am using auto paints and need the protection from harmful Isocyanates ...any ideas....thanks!

Scott
Old 04-28-2002, 03:04 AM
WWIIBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fresh air breathing system for the hobbyist

Gadjetman
If you are using paint with Isocyanate's in it you should be wearing protective clothing head to toe ie:Tyvec coveralls hood and gloves with constant air pressure in suit.
Isocyanate's will absorb through any exposed skin.

You should also be spraying in an approved paint booth with this stuff as it is hazardous until dry.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:28 AM
tbone4343
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fresh air

yes be very careful as toxic fumes may not make you sick right away but in a short time it builds up in your system and can cause alot of damage . i built a simple spray booth where as the air going out goes past me then the work then through a fiber glass filter then to the outside . as you should always use a good mask that fits tight and snug , be careful as a te spray chemicals are very bad for you so a little common sense and a few extra bucks for some safety gear , and you'll be at the field a little longer and a little healtier . ;] be safe be smart .
ps. when setting up a spray booth if your area is small make sure you have a fresh air supply as you are exhausting air and it creates a negitive preasure as its pulling and you have to maintain anough fresh air to supply the demand and air flow requirments of what you want to dump and what you want to acheive , as far as fresh air and flows.