Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:33 PM
RC Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC in Toronto

Hello Everyone,

I am doing some market research on the R/C market in The Greater Toronto Area.
I am considering opening an online hobby shop and/or hobby store in the Greater Toronto Area. I am now taking a small business program and market research is required. If anyone has a few moments I would really appreciate all the help I could get. If interested please message me and I'll send it your way.

Thank you for all that has helped so far, and thank you to all who are willing to help.

RC Girl
Old 10-25-2003, 11:56 PM
R Plante

Default RE: RC in Toronto

Try posting this at rccanada.com
Old 10-27-2003, 08:48 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do a search here for "Hobby Shops" here on RCU. there have been a lot of threads concerning the same issue here on RCU in both opening a local and web based hobby shop. There are a lot of owners and ex-owners of both on-line and traditional hobby shops here on RCU that from the threads, you can get thier PM and e-mail addresses to get in touch with them.

Scott
Old 10-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Jim_McIntyre

What area in Toronto?

We have two great hobby stores in the Markham area that have "eaten other stores for breakfast". Why? Good prices and knowledgeable staff who are RC'ers themselves.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

We have two great hobby stores in the Markham area that have "eaten other stores for breakfast". Why? Good prices and knowledgeable staff who are RC'ers themselves.
You have to have a really good staff to make a hobby shop work. I have seen many who didn't take the time to learn it and wouldn't listen to the people who made it work, and they are no longer around.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree 100%

I also live in Ontario, and started shopping at a little (relatively speaking) hobby shop where I went to college at for three years. After I finished school and came back home, I did ALL my mail order from that small shop for 4 or 5 years, knowingly spending a lot more than I could have elswhere from larger mail order places. Then they lost the three elmplyees that made the shop what it was. The owner hired his brother, a non-flyer, to staff the store 90% of the time. The service went to the sh#ts, the owner didnt seem to care much about it, and my business went elsewhere... they have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars in the last 2 years alone off of me, not to mention some others that I know also felt like I did, and thats a shame.

I believe that there ARE loyal customers that will pay a bit more for above average service, and making the customer (me) feel like I am appreciated and my business wanted. That is even harder to do over the phone, but it can be done. Allmost 100% of my business now is with Great Hobbies, and not only are their prices hard to beat, the service is excellent and I feel like I am appreciated. THAT is what you need to match or exceed to have a chance, IMO.

The hobby business must be one of the harder ones to have success in I bet...

Andrew Coholic