Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Old 11-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avatar question

Greetings,
I don't really care for the stock avatars and was wondering if I could just "take" an avatar that I may find here or somewhere on the net.
Sometimes I see a copyright or a RCU logo and realize that they may not be fair game but what about the others?
I used to see a smiling computer face or something like it and I liked that but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

So my question is do I just capture it if I find one I like and use it untill someone complains or what?
Thanks,
Eldon
Old 11-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Avatar question

A person's Avatar is like there calling card. While it is not illegal, it is viewed in poor taste to take someone's avatar.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:59 PM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do a internet search for aviation avatars and i believe there are lots of choices. or just search for avatars and make yur pic
Old 11-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Mike Bogh

See, I consider it in poor taste to have the same avatar as everyone else...so if and when I find one, and it is in use (or not), I'll inform or ask the user if I can use it...or not.
If this is the only "Poor taste" thing that I do here on the Inet, I'll consider myself lucky.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:18 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Some just copy them and others do ask'

Here's a site that has several images and links to more,
[link=http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi?pass*58083758!mtd*40!ref*www.landings.c om/_landings/Pages/!pg*images.html]Landings Aviation Images[/link]

Quoted from their page
Please Note: The following images are provided for viewing pleasure only. You may be able to use them for other purposes, however, you must seek approval for such use by their respective owners.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Mike Bogh

OK someone pm'd me the avatar that I was looking for....and the user is a "inactive member", whatever that means...is it still off limits?
Thanks, Eldon
Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey, i don't mind you using one of my avatars

dave
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Adrian Page

Some "lifted" my Gee Bee Z avatar and then gave me "greif" for "stealing" "his" avatar. Told me how it was wrong and in poor taste etc. He still uses it today. I switched to an R2 logo.
The Gee Bee R2 avatar that is quite popular on this site was drawn by myself and I have not been asked by anyone if it would be OK to use it. I don't mind if they use it though ...it's good advertizing for me!

Adrian

PS: I made the avatar in Microsoft paint. It's not rocket science if you want your own unique logo. Don't be suprized if it gets "borrowed" though.