Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why did you do it??!!

Old 05-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Burrito Bandito

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Why did you do it??!!

Hey Seafury,

Thanks for the reminder

Didn't he get beat up or something

Wonder if he made a sarcastic remark.

I never went to band camp if anyone is interested.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:04 PM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WEll i Got a real question....

Well i got a real Question and i'll ask it here cause i forgot what this thread was about.......

I got a new Hi-Tec reciever today.......

Can i put My JR crystal in it?
Old 05-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

T28pilot,
I know they say theres no dumb questions but that one about takes the cake. And just to remind you.....This thread is about how people give sarcastic answers to stupid questions.
Sincerely,
Jon
Old 05-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Blackie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

*Hmmm looks at hanger rat, and nods head in shame*

How do I do a torque roll with a Fly Baby bipe
I think I saw that thread somewhere, never though much about it.

Half of an inch of my antenna broke off
As far as a new comer into our hobby a question like the tip of an antenna being broke off is a legitimate question, and should be answered accordingly.

This happened at our field last Saturday.
Saturday's are set aside for students, and one of the older learners had purchased one of those small metal spinner nuts as his instructor instructed him to do, due to the fact that his plastic spinner kept coming off. Well the student did not know he was supposed to leave the plastic spinner off and had put both spinners on at the same time "how I have no idea" So this past Saturday rolls around and both the instructor and the student buddy up together, when the student kicked his engine over both spinners came flying off the shaft. Well the instructor wants to make sure everyone sees this so he embarrasses the guy by calling everyone over in order to make fun of him and to make sure everyone saw what he did. Later on I spoke to the guy and told him not to worry about it that it was a simple mistake and that not to let the instructor get to him. He motioned to me that he already knew.

This particular instructor was an air force flight trainer and thinks that the same military yelling method should be used to teach new beginners to fly RC planes, this is the reason I elected not to train under him.
I am not kidding he actually yells at his students on the flight line when they make the slightest mistake. Me and a few other guys like to make fun of the issue.

Randy
Old 05-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats good that he yells. Thats usually the only way to get it through a dumb students head. I think slapping should be in order too. If you say turn left and the student turns right a good wack to the head with a 30x10 menz should do the trick. You might think this is funny but this is serious business. When you yell and beat students they definately learn faster, and they learn to take rc flying seriously.
Just my 2c
-Jon
Old 05-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Blackie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeap that was funny, "the slapping part" but I did just fine without the yelling or the slapping. Like I said we make jokes out of it from the pit area.

"Look out he's getting ready to slap him"
"What part of that did you not understand"
"atten....hut"
Old 05-08-2002, 11:05 PM
T28pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

*cough...cough* eat me....
Old 05-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Hanger Rat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I like that about a whack on the side of the head. The more I think about it the more I think it has merit... And that joker who just posted and said it is OK to fly with 1/2 inch of his antena missing should get the first whack. Why do you think radio manufacturers cut them to a specific length? So you can shorten them and change the specs? While it's true you may still have control you had better hope that you don't hit me if your batteries get a bit weak and you lose control. You don't have enough money to to satisfy the law suit.

Feel free to be sarcastic to me. Its like water on a ducks' back and I don't like you anyway. I don't like anybody. I am not sure if I even like me.

In fact, just for giggles lets see how sarcastic you can be to me. Please be nasty and creative. Then get off my internet, you are making my pc run slow.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:16 AM
T28pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lmao@hanger rat
Old 05-09-2002, 12:38 AM
Blackie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hanger Rat,

Why are you telling us your troubles? :drowning: go tell the guy that said its OK to fly with 1/2 missing. You don't have to worry about me hitting you. I would rather be flying then spend all my time in court. :sunsmiley
Old 05-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Who's being sarcastic?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:13 AM
RC_Stunt_Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hahahahahaha, I'm really enjoying this thread. Hey Johnny_Rebel, your last post was freaking funny. I'm still laughing out loud...

PS: I have a genuine question for you RC experts. Can I replace the receiver's antenna with another wire of a different color but same length and gauge? You see, I want everything to match my plane's clear monokote....
Old 05-09-2002, 01:24 AM
Burrito Bandito

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

See....it's intelligent dialog like this that makes a new r/c enthusiast feel warm and fuzzy inside! I know I do.

T28 Pilot...Was it like this in Band Camp?

Hell, I stopped looking for things to learn, and just started tuning in here to see what the score is.

Pass the popcorn please.....
Old 05-09-2002, 01:27 AM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Closing this one guys...not appropriate for Q&A forum and not sure about the clubhouse for that matter...plenty of sites to shoot the ....about non rc stuff...Q&A is for RC questions and answers...need I say more...