Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

For you builders, Rolling your plans/blueprints, proper versus better.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

For you builders, Rolling your plans/blueprints, proper versus better.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For you builders, Rolling your plans/blueprints, proper versus better.

Do you roll your blueprints, 3 views and plans up with ink to the inside?

If your answer was yes, how often do you fine your self wrestling to keep the paper from rolling back up on you?

Rolling the plans up with ink to the inside may be the common and proper way to roll up your prints but its not all ways the best, try rolling your prints with the ink to the outside the next time you roll, you'll find it much eaiser to manage your paper on the work surface.

Blackie
Old 11-18-2003, 11:57 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: For you builders, Rolling your plans/blueprints, proper versus better.

Hey Blackie,
Since when did you start building a plane that had plans? Shouldn't this thread be in the building tips section anyways? I think you've been rolling something else if your thinkin about stuff like this.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Blackie

Default RE: For you builders, Rolling your plans/blueprints, proper versus better.

Perhaps your right BasinBum, this may be better posted in the proper forum. To answer your question, I just received my very first kit and will start working on it very soon. Its the Ohio Models Yak-54 Profile, as far as rolling up prints I have an electrical back ground in which rolling the blue prints was shown to me from a predecessor.

Rolling something else, I wonder what that could mean?

Blackie
Old 11-19-2003, 10:39 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Good for you Blackstock! I just built a profile and I hear the Ohio Models are very good. Welcome to the hobby of building model aircraft.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya gotta go SOMETHING with that nice new workshop!

Keep us informed on the progress Blackie.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Yea Blackie, post your progress, you'ved built everything else but a kit
Old 11-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Sounds like a fun kit to build for your 1st one.

One thought on rolling plans. Rolling it with the ink on the outside is great for building, but if you ever try to make back-up or building copies of the plans, you'll quickly come to dislike it very much. Most commercial scanners don't like feeding in paper that curls upward, and 36" wide sheets get mighty hard to keep flatten when feeding.

I keep my master copies rolled the traditional way - ink inside. My building copies are rolled ink outside. Best of both worlds.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

TNX volfly. I've been building for a lot of years but I still learn a bunch on these forums. Until recently we haven't had a copy shop that could do full size plans. Now that we do have one in town I'll use your method.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:18 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I deal with hundreds of size D 24x36 prints all day. When they come into my office in a mailing tube, I lay them out on the table face down, place a piece of 1/4 plywood over them, put a few books on them, wait about an hour, and they are fine.

I would like to store prints with the print facing out so I can see the title and rev, but this is risky because the print can also be damaged. I keep all my prints in mailing tubes with the name, part#, rev, and date labeled on the tube. This way they are protected from moisture, dirt, and UV.