Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anyone want an Animated Icon?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone want an Animated Icon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want an Animated Icon?

I've been playing around with a GIF animator and found some nice ones to do. Got some warbirds let me know. Check out the one I did tonight. If you remember I used to fly the flag of Florida. First come, first serve on what I have for now. Will be trying to make alot more.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:52 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Let me know if you do a Fokker Dr1 animated Icon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Or any decent looking WWI aircraft.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:49 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Sure, I'd like one....
What do you have in a US Navy WWII warbird? Whatever it is, I'll take it!
Old 02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
blueangel

I would like one also. Let me know if you have a F-4U Corsair. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:44 AM
b1rd37

If you have a F4F Wildcat From WW2 I would enjoy one.

Jerry
Old 02-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Postal FLyer

I've gotten several emails about the animated icons and I sent ones I had out but I was browsing the web and found a couple good sites if you want to find some anitmated gif files of planes to make into your animated icon for this site.

http://avanimation.avsupport.com/index.html

Remember that you have a limit of 120 X 120 on pixels size and I believe a 100 KB on image file size.

I hope I don't make a monkey out of myself on these dimensions
Old 02-15-2003, 07:00 PM
blueangel

Thanks alot. It is great.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Postal FLyer

Default Saving an Animated GIF file

If you have reached the website that I posted yesterday and you find an animated GIF file that you like and it is within the file size specifications that RC Airport has listed then you just need to place you mouse pointer on the picture and right click on your mouse. You should get a dropdown menu. From this menu you must select "save target as". Remember that an animated gif is actually several pictures combined in a sequence to make the GIF appear to be moving. If you select "save picture as" you will only save the first frame and will not have the full animation. I hope that this helps anyone who has experienced problems with downloading the full animation.

One more piece of information. The site I posted yesterday is one of many. If you go to

http://www.dogpile.com and type "animated aviation gif" in the search box and then select fetch is will give you a list of onther sites too.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Bill L

I don't have time to monkey around with this. I enjoy horsing around on the internet, and do a lion's share, but icons can become a dog. They pig down a lot of memory. It's a bear to ferret out just the right icon. It could become the fly in the ointment, or when you get a good one, someone will out fox you and get a catty icon.
Don't be a chicken, postal, try to weasel out of this one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Postal FLyer

Bill. I'm just a guy who likes to tinker with the computer, not a magician. If anyone would like, just email me and I will send you a small program so you can even make your own icon from scratch but I don't think it would qualify you as a scratch builder.