Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I Love This Bar/Feild

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Love This Bar/Feild

I stopped by the field yesterday two hours before sun-down...It was the first great day for a couple weeks...yeah' it was 48 degrees, but the sun and sky were big and the wind was down...The place was alive with happy campers who had all burned up their fair share of go go juice...As I moved to a open spot in hopes of a couple of quickies it was all "hey dude whats up, where ya been". big happy happy smiles...flyer's getting there fill of the best hobby in the world...friends glad to see me, helping me get my stuff out of the truck before day light ran out...stories of the daily casualties and new birds broke in followed me across the grass as my own excitement to fly and be with my fellow junkies set in...One of them helped me get started and carried my chipper out to the deck...I couldn't help but think, thank you God for this day, thankyou for good friends young and old ...Thank you for this bar, I mean field...I love it
Old 12-08-2003, 11:17 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: I Love This Bar/Feild

Hey, fly another round on me
Old 12-08-2003, 11:57 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

This sort of thing is why I wonder when a modeler asks why he should join a club. If a few more had the club experience you had the question would never arise. Thanks for brightening the day and proving a point.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Heheee, they play country at work, so I've heard that song.....

Very well said ballgunner, a guy this summer was saying how he hated clubs. I tried to set him straight, but sometimes you are wasting your keystrokes...

I went out a few weeks ago in 25 MPH winds with stronger gusts. Went OK as I was flying my best wind plane - a ScatCat 500, but I couldn't help thinking of the other country song... "I knew what I was doing, but what was I thinking???"
Old 12-08-2003, 03:53 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Low wing, I know what you mean. I go to the field on Saturday mornings even if I know the conditions won't allow flying, I go just to shoot the breeze with the guys.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the same way. Our club has some pretty great folks in it. I have been known to put a plane in the back of the van even if the wind is 15-30 mph and gusty. I go to the field and am just as happy sitting with the others that are out just waiting for a chance to fly shooting the breeze. (pun intended)