Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Inside R/C Plugs RCU...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 08:29 AM
bychow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside R/C Plugs RCU...

Hey guys, I wanted to check to get your reactions on Inside R/C last night. The episode focused on things that you can do on the water and since it was somewhat geared towards the beginner, we made mention that the guys on RCU are well informed and it is a great place to get advice. If you haven't seen the episode yet it will play again on Thur. at 3 a.m. eastern time and Saturday at 10 a.m. eastern time. We would like to hear what you guys think of the episode and the series in general.

Thanks a lot,
Brian Bychowski
Inside R/C-Producer

P.S. Next week's episode will cover some snow flying and coverage of the Bowling Green, OH indoor fly in during the Toledo show last year.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:20 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Inside R/C Plugs RCU...

DAMMIT!!!! I wish I got that darn channel!!!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:31 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Ditto!!

but the nice lady at the the discovery channel (canada) said she would look into it!!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Hey Brian -

I haven't seen that one, but I like the show. Just wish it was more airplanes and less cars. Since next week is the last episode, will there be re-runs or are we going to not see the show until next fall again? Also, if you need any imput on what people would like to see next season, I am sure this is the place to get the feedback. I know I have a full list!!!

Keith
Old 12-16-2003, 10:16 AM
ngillpatrick

What channel/network does this come on?
Old 12-16-2003, 10:52 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it! Very flattering to RCU and its members. Thanks for the plug!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:00 AM
74 marley

Please let us know which show this was seen on, channel, date, anything? Some of us are starved to see a decent show on TV!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:05 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Hello Brian,
I saw last weeks show and haven"t been able to watch this weeks show. I liked the interview with Diamond Rio's Bass player. Also glad to see Kristia being closer to soloing. Maybe she'll get a ATTA BOY certificate from MNFLYER.
As it was said before... For next season please put more airplane stuff in. Looking back on both seasons the shows were more geared toward RC Cars. Is there a possibility for a hour show or not?
NEDYOB
Old 12-16-2003, 11:49 AM
Backwing

Inside R/C on the Outdoor Channel, ch. 153 It was the part 2 of 2 on water R/C. It had boats and a couple seaplanes.
Great plug, thanks Inside R/C!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:17 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Inside R/C is the best thing to happen to R/C besides RCU of course

thank you and keep up the good work!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:53 PM
DBCherry

I'm with you Mike, I don't get it here either. [:@] Nearly 200 cable channels (plus another 50 music channels), but no Outdoor channel.
Dennis-
Old 12-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Inside RC, would you mind some constructive critism? I pondered whether or not to write this. I find the show just mildly interesting from time to time. I really want to see an rc airplane related show be a success. I agree with the others about not enough air related episodes. It would nice to see more shows geared towards the more experienced flyers. Maybe infomercial type shows like I saw about Bob Violett Jets on the other rc show. Something along the lines of kit mfgs that do unusual build methods or nice plans. Stuff like Jack Devine models all foam construction, Don Smith plans, Ziroli plans, kit cutters, retract mfgrs, profesional builders and so on. Would also like to see shows on national (as you have done in the past) and local events, scale masters qualifiers, fun flys (with events- limbo, balloon bust, toilet paper drop and such), big birds, electric, soaring and so on. Like to see a lot of flying and if you're going to show the pilot, how about doing it in an inset window in one of the corners. I'm not real interested in seeing somebody staring up to the sky. And when showing aerobatics or 3d stuff, show the transmitter in an inset window so we can see the sticks. Maybe a build series or 2, or 3 (not arf). Trainers to second to third to warbird and such. It wouldnt have to cover the whole show, just a segment. There would be enough to cover 3 or 4 seasons easy just in airplane stuff. I understand the need to cover the entire spectrum of rc, but I turn it off if its not airplane related. A fair amount of club members watch it for awhile, then dont bother anymore. These are the kinds of subject matter that, at least for me, would keep me interested.
Just my opinion.
Edwin
Old 12-17-2003, 10:50 AM
beardking

I thought the RCU plug was kind nice to be done since this is a great place to get information. I have to say, though, that I actually kind of like the "other" r/c show a little better. On that show they focus more on the building and using of r/c products and less on the competitions. I know some people will want the competitions, but how many times can you watch an r/c truck or car go around in a circle? I think it's more informative when the show focuses on the use and care of the products and less on the competition part. Just my opinion.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Backwing

We need Discovery Wings channel to start an aircraft RC show. They would do a fantastic job(not that the others haven't), like Edwin was refering to, there are so many aspects to be seen, an hour long show each week would barely scratch the surface.
I did put an email into Discovery suggesting they look into it.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
nascarjoe

ORIGINAL: Backwing

We need Discovery Wings channel to start an aircraft RC show. They would do a fantastic job(not that the others haven't), like Edwin was refering to, there are so many aspects to be seen, an hour long show each week would barely scratch the surface.
I did put an email into Discovery suggesting they look into it.
Perhaps everyone including Inside RC and DIY who wants to see more RC aeromodeling on TV should inundate http://www.discovery.com/?channel=DSC with email.

nascarjoe
Old 12-20-2003, 11:00 PM
JimRoss

I have tried several times to watch the DIY channel on r/c and it in my opinion is a complete bust. I don't know where they found that guy but they should ask for a refund of any money he was paid. I know the dumbest r/c person in the world has an IQ higher than his. He spends WAAAAAAAAY too much time running his mouth and never says anything worth hearing. Something besides building a $40.00 trainer would be good to watch also. Try getting some serious people on the show who have something intelligent to say.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

You guys must live in a better place than I do, I'ved never heard of Inside RC[], should be an interesting show. Time to move
Old 12-22-2003, 02:29 PM
bychow

Just wanted to thank you guys for the continued feedback and to let you know that we are going to try to get a video clip of the RCU plug from Inside R/C up on the RCU site for you to download.

I also heard that some areas by us that did not carry the Outdoor Channel before are now going to carry it starting in January so be sure to continue to check with your cable providers to see about having the Outdoor Channel added to your list.

Thanks again guys!

Brian Bychowski
Inside R/C-Producer
Old 12-26-2003, 01:22 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Thanks to Brian at Dubro, he was able to obtain a clip from the last Inside RC show fo all you RCU readers that do not get that channel.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=278

Enjoy!
-Erick
Old 12-26-2003, 01:48 PM
nascarjoe

How about Inside RC showing 58 second clips on a regular basis? Seems like it would be a win-win situation for everyone.

nascajoe
Old 12-26-2003, 04:46 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

For what it's worth....NONE of the Discovery Channels.....or Learning Channels do their own IN house productions...it is submitted from OUTSIDE sources and edited for content, then resubmitted (they do have their standard suppliers)

They do not have the funds or financing to do their OWN productions. Producing a 1 hour segment is NO small undertaking, and the answer to your email will be..."Submit your production for evaluation" They have plenty of "source" material to work from.

I/We are in the process now, of trying to get some "DISCOVERY" coverage, of RC modeling, but this is something that does NOT happen overnight, and is no small undertaking......For example, the footage that was shot at the Joe Nall 2003, was in conjunction with Full Scale Aerobatics, and a small "sniglet" (insert humor here) of the entire process. The series was called "Aerobatics-Pushing the Limits"

They will just NOT come out and shoot some Video, and present it as a program, it has to be financed, as a production, produced and edited, at a Full Scale Production house, and submitted for review.......anyone done a PILOT for a series or a Music Video lately...?[X(]

I have several friends that work WITH DSC and TLC, and the process is slow and arduous, to say the least. Ever wonder why the dates are in the late 90's, with exception of the Wright Experience, but that project was 5 years in the making, up to and including the December 17th coverage.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:47 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

JimRoss, you'll be glad to know that the goofy guy your talking about that used to host the show is now gone this season! [sm=thumbup.gif]
I did think that the plug was nice......and I do have to agree with the other guys here....I'd love to see more airplane stuff......but I'm sure that the car guys are saying they'd love to see more car stuff.......can't please all of the people all of the time, I guess
Overall, I like the show.....and it has definitely improved over last season....I'm looking forward to an even better season next year.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:42 AM
JimRoss

I am glad they replaced him. He was a major detractor of the show. I would like to see someone a bit older with more experience in all phases of r/c who actually had a personality.
I don't have anything against the guy personally, I am glad when any person has a job, but he needs to be inside somewhere that no one can see or hear him.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Backwing

heli001 - I know, we get video crews out every year for hunting, and it can be a royal pain. Until you've been involved with one you have no idea what goes on.
It would certainly be nice if someone would actually do some investigating and see what potential is out ther for RC. If not T.V., even videos. I was, and still am a little into model trains. You wouldn't believe the train video resources there are out there.