Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

wingtote cust service

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 10:44 PM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wingtote cust service

Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm not impressed with this company. They charge your credit card when you place an order and they don't return emails. I've been waiting over 3 weeks and no wing bags yet. This will be my last dealings with them I hate company's that have lousy cust service.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:52 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: wingtote cust service

Do a search, your not the only one unhappy.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:10 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been in the market for wing bags for my Aeroworks X300L Profile and finally noticed wingbags.com was back in business. I ordered from them a few weeks ago and didn't give it much thought. They certainly didn't indicate they had stock problems. Well, I received a call from them a couple of days ago. They told me that they were getting ready to ship my order -- WHAT!!!! I asked them why it took a few weeks to ship and they gave me a lame excuse -- I can't even remember the reason. I hope this is just startup quirks.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:27 AM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

I've had a two small doubles ordered since July. Haven't seen them yet.
Tim
Old 12-20-2003, 01:12 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have wing bags for almost everything i need them for, and all it cost was the material, my daughter wanted tp know what i wanted for my birthday back in october, i told her a jetcatp80, but she laughed when i showed her what i just paid for 1, so on a serious reply i asked her to make me wing bags for my planes, she agreed, and they are fantastic, i spent about 120 dollars in material and had enough to make wing bags for about 7 aircraft, quilted outter liner, cotton inner with foam inserts and velcro on the ends to close the bag

mark
Old 12-20-2003, 04:00 PM
stomper

If you want good bags take a look here > http://www.wingbags-by-caroline.com/
Old 12-20-2003, 09:58 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello guys,
I thought Id inject some info for you all as to the problems... There are a few wingtote bags that have been out of stock for quite a while, the 201's and 206's. That all stems from problems with factories stalling and not being able to get stuff done, and some bad fortune that has happened, things are coming around. We sent out 15 #201 bags friday at the end of the day. As we are getting them, we are sending them out. We are very sorry for the delay and this is not typical Wingtote. We are having bags custom sewn trying to fill the orders that are standing. The items we are out of was supposed to be in 4+ months ago!! It wont be long, it is supposed to be here the beginning of next month. Please bear with us as we are even more unhappy with this situation than you are. Wingtote has the best customer service of any place I know and will take care of you.

The wingbags.com bags are getting done as fast as we can make them. We have gone through 3 sewers in the last month and finally just started doing them ourselves to get them done. We are staying late every night and working weekends to get your orders filled. We charge in advance on these as they are all custom made for your aircraft. Both of our lines have by far the best price, and the best quality out there.

Thank you
Old 12-21-2003, 08:25 AM
SteveW
My Feedback: (36)

JohnVH.
I'm curious, what is your relationship to www.wingtote.com ? I just went to that site and checked on the 201 and 206 bags. There is no mention of them being out of stock, as a matter of fact the page says your order will ship the same day. Going through the checkout process doesn't give a clue that the bags are out of stock either. That's no way to run an airline. If they've been out of stock for that long a notice needs to be posted stating that fact.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:03 AM
CAP232CM

ORIGINAL: stomper

Yes they are good bags but for 3 times the price.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:23 AM
CAP232CM

Steve:

I agree they should take the buy link off the bags they don't have. That is no way to run a business, letting people buy a product and charging their card for stuff they don't have.

John:

My bags where not custom bags. I just ordered the Med double tote. Wow 3 sewers sounds like my bags won't be of the best quality. I don't want my order if all I'm getting is someone else's mistakes or a rush rush job. My bags where not custom made to my specs, if they did not have the ones I ordered in stock they should have not charged my card. Good company's don't charge your card until the product they are selling ships.

Mark:

I have thought of that but my daughters are 6 and 11. My wife can't sew either so this is not an option for me. Thanks for the suggestion I wish they could sew.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:47 AM
stomper

ORIGINAL: CAP232CM

ORIGINAL: stomper

Yes they are good bags but for 3 times the price.
Um.....Thats why I said GOOD bags.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:31 AM
JohnVH

Im sorry Cap, I thought you had ordered wingbags bags, I just started there so Im getting up to speed on everything. If you have a problem, call us, please PM or Mail me your name and Ill contact you if you like. We will make everything right. As far as the other bags mentioned above, they are the same as Wingbags.com, just triple price.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:39 PM
augiep38

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

Im sorry Cap, I thought you had ordered wingbags bags, I just started there so Im getting up to speed on everything. If you have a problem, call us, please PM or Mail me your name and Ill contact you if you like. We will make everything right. As far as the other bags mentioned above, they are the same as Wingbags.com, just triple price.
You sure about that? You get what you pay for, and in some cases, it sounds like you don't get anything you pay for.

Todd
Old 12-21-2003, 08:07 PM
JohnVH

Sorry, But Wingtote will make sure you get what you pay for. If you have a problem, call.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Flyfalcons

Caroline's wingbags aren't worth triple the price, they are the same thing as wingbags.com and protect your wings just the same.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:03 AM
augiep38

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Caroline's wingbags aren't worth triple the price, they are the same thing as wingbags.com and protect your wings just the same.

Unless they have changed the wingtote bags, they are not the same. I saw a set of the wingtotes at my field and thought they were crap. Reminds me of a guy who told me his hyundai was the same as my wifes Beamer. Same thing in respect to both being cars, but definately not the same thing.

I get tired of all the Carden bashers. People ***** about the price / weight, etc. All I know is they are a quality product and I don't have to cringe in fear and excitement when I give Caroline my cc number. I know I will get what I paid for. As far as them being worth it - they must be because people are buying them so I would say somebody feels they are worth it. Some people can go through life looking for the cheapest crap they can find that will somewhat satisfy their needs.

This site is also great as on the surface it appears to be helpful, etc. But if you hang around enough, you realize someone will preach his version of the gospel and if it is questioned, all of his buddies will pile on the thread stumping for him.

Todd
Old 12-23-2003, 08:46 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

I think somebody needs to look over these post and see who is bashing who.
Milton
Old 12-23-2003, 08:50 AM
stomper

ORIGINAL: augiep38

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Unless they have changed the wingtote bags, they are not the same. I saw a set of the wingtotes at my field and thought they were crap. Reminds me of a guy who told me his hyundai was the same as my wifes Beamer. Same thing in respect to both being cars, but definately not the same thing.

I get tired of all the Carden bashers. People ***** about the price / weight, etc. All I know is they are a quality product and I don't have to cringe in fear and excitement when I give Caroline my cc number. I know I will get what I paid for. As far as them being worth it - they must be because people are buying them so I would say somebody feels they are worth it. Some people can go through life looking for the cheapest crap they can find that will somewhat satisfy their needs.

This site is also great as on the surface it appears to be helpful, etc. But if you hang around enough, you realize someone will preach his version of the gospel and if it is questioned, all of his buddies will pile on the thread stumping for him.
Todd
I was thinking the same exact thing!
Old 12-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Flyfalcons

Where did my post go? Anyway, Augie I noticed you took my post and started referencing wingtote bags, which are different from wingbags.com. Just making sure you're actually reading what I'm saying.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I think the biggest reason why Wingtote hasn't been as good as it was is because Trevor recently had a baby.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:33 PM
David_Moen

Man, that's got to hurt!
Old 12-24-2003, 12:24 AM
JohnVH

No, that has nothing to do with it
Old 12-24-2003, 01:41 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Ryan, oh, it's in there somewhere
Old 12-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Adudein
My Feedback: (11)

We have gone through 3 sewers in the last month
I thought this thread was kinda smelly
Old 12-29-2003, 04:21 PM
spliff
My Feedback: (2)

Well, I ordered two 101 single wing bags about 6 weeks ago. They did charge my card before they shipped. To Wingtote's defense, John with wingtote called me about three days after I placed my online order. He specifically told me it would be about 4-6 weeks and that if I wanted to order from someone else, I could and they would credit me. I told him it was no big deal, that I could live without them until them (my ultimate is not finished yet and I have a friends borrowed bags until then).

My wingbags arrived today! But they were the wrong bags!!!!! They shipped me the 201 instead. The quality of these bags is really, really, nice I must say, but that does me no good as these will not fit my wings.

I called John at wingtote, who looked up my order on the computer and confimed that they had shipped me the wrong bag. He asked me to send them back, and he will send me the right ones (once again letting me know it would still be a week or two before he had those in.) I asked how would he like me to ship them? He said, whatever is cheaper for you. I said, I really don't care the cost because I am not going to pay for it. I payed for the shipping to come here, why would I pay for the shipping to go back to you on your mistake. He totally agreed but did not know how to let me send it to where they get billed for it. I told him it would sure be nice if wingtote would include a free "field holster" for my t-maxx. He agreed and stated, "We would like to square up with you for our mistake."

So, what does all of this mean in relation to your prior posts? I dunno. They make a really quality product, at a really, really, affordable price. But I also think it was assanine for the guy to suggest that I pay the shipping to send them back their product from their own mistake. They also had no problem at all in telling me they would make it right and hopefully will do so. What does this make them? A bad company.....a good company......a good and bad company.......hmm........ I will say this, I do not envy the american companies who get their product manufactured for them 2000 miles away, are made promises that these foreign countries/labor forces cannot keep, and then they look terrible to their own customer base. Solution? Buy american and pay triple the price?

This entire thing seems so familiar and analagous to my dealings with Dave Patrick Models. Quality plane (I don't care what anyone says, I've owned two out of the three - it is a quality ARF), terrible service, 6 bottles of free dave patrick glue when my backordred - told many times it was on its way - canopy came in. Late canopy, but free glue.....hmm.....

My final answer is, I don't have a final answer except it sure would be nice if Americans could manufacture American made products that Americans would buy and ship within America, be used and abused by Americans, so we could complain and congradulate all of the americans responsible for the problems and successes. However, in order to make a wingbag as good ( and it is really that GOOD!), as you get from them, at that price, their is no American willing to work for the kind of slave wages these foreign companies pay children ( I always assume it is child labor) to make our toy model bags for. Phew....now I'm done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.