Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Would you like to see a section DEVOTED to the posting of graphics and discussion for vinyl cutters?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
64.63%
No
6.10%
Don't have a cutter but I'd visit the section.
17.07%
It would be a waste of forum space/resources
12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like to see a section DEVOTED to the posting of graphics and discussion for vinyl cutters?

Old 12-28-2003, 09:14 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you like to see a section DEVOTED to the posting of graphics and discussion for vinyl cutters?

With the proliferation of economical vinyl cutters like the Roland Stika, many of us have purchased them for our RC needs, myself included. It works great and I am very pleased with my purchase.

One of the greatest frustrations, so far, has been the lack of hobby-related graphics prepped for a cutter environment. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent just cleaning up a few scans to prepare them for cutting. A guy named Craig started a group on Yahoo with the intent of sharing ideas/files for a Stika environment and it seems to have been (be) a valiant attempt. I just wonder if it would be even more successful on a large forum like this one dedicated to RC and RC Modelers. Much of what's on Craig's site is dated and seldom do new files get added. Would a forum like that for both file posting and discussion be of any value here or am I just dreaming?

Thanks for your comments in advance. I hope we can make this one fly.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:45 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you like to see a section DEVOTED to the posting of graphics and discussion for vinyl cutters?

Will post first post on problem that I am having
When I right click on emage to save as and save in bitmap or gif I cant load it with either synemate or Corel9
It says that filter does not support this file. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks
Milton
Old 12-29-2003, 03:30 PM
WilsonFlyer

Default RE: Would you like to see a section DEVOTED to the posting of graphics and discussion for vinyl cutters?

Well I must say that I'm both disappointed and quite surprised actually. I certainly would have thought this would have been very important to a lot more of us, especially the giant scale guys like me.

Apparently I was wrong or maybe nobody really cares. Oh well. I tried.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:38 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

I care!!! I did not know you did that! I will be stopping by soon to talk to you.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:43 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: AJF--2

I care!!! I did not know you did that! I will be stopping by soon to talk to you.
I bet you do! LMFAO
Old 12-30-2003, 02:53 AM
OldRookie

I have brought this up a few times. but haven't posted a poll.
It seems as if most of the posts concerning vinyl cutters are few and far between, and don't last long.
I really hope this catches on. I think having an active discussion group may get some of the Stika machines out of the closet, and into use.

Greg
Old 12-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i recently visited a RC car forum, they had a whole section decicated to templates and body masks for spraying, i did get a graphic from there and used it.
a graphics section, everything from flames, squiggles, to ww2 nose art, roundels would be welcome, everyone from the planes to cars and boats would be able to use them on their next job. For me just having a Jpg file i can see and print from is good enough, but i can see that extending to the file format used for the vynil cutters.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Madd_Maxx

LearningMan:

What format are the vinyl cutter templates or images you use in....are they jpeg or bitmap or something else? I recently bought 5 cd's with roughly 55,000 images and logos off ebay....they are supposed to be for vinyl plotter (cutter) and the images are in EPS and AI file format. I bought them just to play around with and print stuff off to put on my spad airplanes. When I receive the cd's (hopefuly yet this week but doubt it) I can try to post a few of the images here if you are interested in using them on your plotter.

Let me know,
Madd_Maxx
Old 12-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Madd_Maxx

Hmm....won't let me post a pic here for some reason.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL18/4...8/41451479.jpg

There's the pic from the add so you can get an idea of what templates are included on these cd's

Madd_Maxx
Old 12-31-2003, 07:49 AM
WilsonFlyer

Hi Madd-Maxx.

Yes. that's standard clip art. We use stuff like that all the time. I have a LOT of it too. the problem is; not very much of the stock clipart is RC hobby specific. For example, do you have a Brison Aircraft logo in there? Not being a smart***** here but just saying that the hobby specific stuff is what I think would be most beneficial shared on this forum.

There seems to be a growing interest in this thread. I'm surprised an admin hasn't jumped in here with some comments. I admin one of the largest forums on the internet (not related to RC) and I know you just simply cannot ignore a thread that stays around. Maybe as we see interest growing in this thread and if we can get it to stay centered on the radar screen for a few days, we can get some insight on what it's gonna take to get a sub-forum started. If you're a moderator, it's just another forum that has to be monitored unless you're interested in the topic area so I'm sure they just want to man SURE that it's beneficial to enough people before adding it.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:58 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to make my own Brison logo, I couldnt find one anywhere.... Do you have any jet/airplane clipart?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76597.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	86554  
Old 12-31-2003, 09:58 PM
R T W

I have some if you pm me your email I will send them to you I got the from another member of RCU

these files are in both JPEG and PS format
Old 01-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Madd_Maxx

LearningMan:

I have no idea if there is a brison aircraft logo or any r/c related logos on any of the cd's.....as I stated before I don't have them yet. When they do arrive I will have to check them over to see what all is actually on all of them. If you already have the sign design software and the plotter to cut the vinyl why don't you just design your own bison aircraft logo (like JohnVH did) and use that instead of looking for a cd with the logo on it?

Just a thought,
Madd_Maxx
Old 01-02-2004, 08:10 AM
WilsonFlyer

I do design my own. Have you read any of my posts? (sigh)

I'm trying to build something to save us ALL time here. I guess nobody seems to "get" that.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:49 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

I am definately in favor of a forum on Graphics and perhaps a library of files.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

that car forum i meantioned is back up again..
http://www.rcxotic.com
Old 01-02-2004, 05:32 PM
blindfly

I would love to see a graphics section come to life!!!
and i think that even other members, ones without cutters would find it useful as well,
and if not a section than at least a database of files for use.

go for it! don't think twice!
Old 01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
OldRookie

In addition to having a library of clip art to exchange, it would be nice to have some input on using Corel Draw to design your own images. I bought my Stika cutter with intentions of doing my own custom images, but just haven't had the time to learn Corel Draw. If those of you that are familiar with Corel Draw could give tips and information on using the the program, it would be a great help.

Greg
Old 01-04-2004, 10:24 PM
CrashMeister
My Feedback: (4)

The RC Graphics group has +- 250 members. It is quite slow on traffic and on file movement. Please feel free to join and upload as many files as you like.

Part of the problem is that a lot of folks want to make $$$ out of their designs, so they are reluctant to upload them. I can understand that.

Subscription to the RC Graphics group is restricted to people that register with valid email addresses. We do this to keep spammers away. If you would like to join send an email to [email protected]

Regards,
Craig.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:14 PM
WilsonFlyer

Bump... and I'm going to every other day until somebody responds.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:04 AM
WilsonFlyer

Again.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:22 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it would be nice to hear something also....
Old 01-12-2004, 06:20 PM
RC Extreme power

I tried to join and got turned down for some reason, I have had the same Email address for six years.
Milton
Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 PM
CrashMeister
My Feedback: (4)

If you try to join RC Graphics, I send an email to the address you used to register with. If you do not respond within a week, I deny the application.

This has become necessary because a lot of spammers are using the Yahoo groups to send spam.

Milton, use your regular address to register or check your email at the address you registered with. If you respond to the email I sent, I'll add you to the group.

Regards,
Craig.
<RC Graphics Group Moderator>
Old 01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
RC Extreme power

Done
Waiting for Email
Thanks
Milton

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.