Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Good luck with chief compared to tower ?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Good luck with chief compared to tower ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 10:19 PM
DJSE7EN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good luck with chief compared to tower ?

I'am getting ready to order some of my stuff tomorrow
i wonder how good chief aircraft customer service and delivery times are i like there prices and the shipping costs
over tower hobbies i live in Illinois and of course i have to pay tax
for what i'am ordering the tax alone is gonna cost me a extra 35.00 bucks but if to many people have had problems with chief i will pay the tax and get better service etc... wondered what you all thought who've used them... thanks

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/
Old 02-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

We ordered a Moki 2.10 with the radial mount and muffler from them. We had good luck. The muffler was out of stock, but once they got it, it was on the way. good servce. but the only problem is on the site, when you are ordering, you cnt get back to your shopping kart till you order another thing, but once you do that, you delete that object and be on your way. its a good company.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Crash_N_Burn

Default Chief Aircraft

I just visited their store last Friday, it's about a 35 minute drive from my house.

Boy, do they have some nice toys. Lotsa big bird ARFs and gas motors, plus more JR stuff than I've seen in any shop (except Sheldon's).

Well, the point I wanted to make is that they are so nice. Even the office staff is great. The fellow that helped me sure could have made more money on the full scale pilots waiting for parts but he helped me as long as it took.

If hospitality, friendliness and customer service carries over to their web sales, I think you should feel confident you'll get a good deal with no problems.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default CHIEF GOOD GUY'S

I use them alot, havent had any prob's. Plus IM in the NW, only 250 miles from them. I have gotten my orders the next day, but never over two.One thing about chief is, you can talk to them about what you need , as there main rc guy is very into it. If it's in stock, it will ship usually same day.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:38 PM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

I've ordered many Saito engines from them and if you call as opposed to internet order they'll ship that day if it early enough.
Bill
http://www.bp55899.com
Old 02-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Extra300s7
My Feedback: (36)

I like Chief as well--great prices and customer service. I just ordered my GP PW from them for $20 less than Tower, no shipping charge, and no tax! Saved me almost $60! When I'm surfing I always check their specials page, you can find some great deals!

Justin
Old 02-26-2003, 03:26 PM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Chief is great, especially Larry he knows his stuff. I would defnitely recommend.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:49 PM
bluther
Banned

I recently purchased an H9 Edge and OS 160fx from them. Shipping was prompt and the price was right. I will purchase from them again. No problems.

Bill
Old 02-26-2003, 04:05 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ill put in a good voice for them too, shipping was fast!
Only met one guy I didnt really care for from there. But I still would buy from them.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:15 PM
shess65-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

Default Chief Aircraft

I have purchased from them many times with nothing but the best service. It used to take me a little longer to get it from them vs. Tower due to location but for the last few months, Tower takes just as long.

It seems that Tower used to ship the same day if the order was in early enough but for several months now my orders always take one or two days before they ever ship from their warehouse.

Once they ship, they get here in 1 or 2 days. It used to be so convenient or order today and get it tomorrow or the next day without even paying express freight. Now I mostly order from Chief since they are just as fast and have free shipping on most stuff I order.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:08 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I just places my first order with Chief late last week - their deal on the 27% H9 Cap was too good to miss, and I picked up some misc supplies as well. Their sales guys were quite polite and helpful on the phone. I haven't received the plane yet (probably another week or so - its coming by boat) but I feel pretty confident that everything will be just fine.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had ordered a Hitec Eclipse from them a year ago and their service was good. My only issue with them is that I had tried quite a few times to get a reply to my emails or phone calls asking them if they might be interested in advertising, supporting or promoting RCU (especially considering how much business all you guys chatting about them often creates). I would have at least expected the courtesy of a single return email or phone call but after numerous attempts got zip from them....maybe any of you when you talk to them can mention RCU because apparently they must not think too much of this site as the silence was deafening.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:01 PM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had great luck with both. Being in Indiana I get my Tower orders in 2-3 days tops but my orders from Chief take longer which makes since being they are on the west cost. Chief Aircraft seems to have much better prices on larger items and most of them include free shipping.

I saved about $30-35 total on my 9C with their lower price and the shipping. Their Saitos are much cheaper too. Saito 72's are $199 w/ shipping. Most others want $225 or more. They sell JR8411's for $99. List goes on...
Old 02-27-2003, 12:14 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

I'll take Chief over Tower any day of the week!! They have an offal lot of my money! Just ask for Larry, he will help you out.

Doug