The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

MUFFLER ADVICE!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2003, 06:25 AM
beefcake

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MUFFLER ADVICE!!!!!!!

I am planning to bulid a TF Seafury with a G90 ST motor. Can any one tell what type of in cowl muffler to use. Will the TF in-cowl fit with a G90.
Any Advice will be greatful
Thanks
Beefcake
Old 02-27-2003, 08:57 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There has been reported trouble in using the TF in cowl muffler on any engines larger than the 75. I would go with Slimline, Bisson, J-A Peacekeeper or someone of that nature and purchase an in cowl muffler made for 90/120 sized engines.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:28 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I used a TF muffler with a ST .90 on a TF Mustang. I've had no troubles with the muffler. I did have motor mount
problems that are heat related. The mount is so long on this plane that once it got hot inside the cowl the mount
would sag. This would let the spinner rub on the the front of the fuse and melt the spinner.I had to make a "U'
shaped piece of ply and mount it at the front of the motor mount to the fuse. Then screwed through the
new block into the front of the beams on the motor mount. This fixed it and I never tried it with a different
muffler so I cant say for sure the muffler caused it. The Mustang is not wide enough at the front
for a Slimeline. If the Sea Fury is I would use it and not the TF. Make sure to get the Slimline for the .90
not the one for the .60-.75. The chamber is half the volume on the smaller one and will choke the engine down.
later daveo