Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Battery Charing Help....

Old 02-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Flightle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Charing Help....

Hi there... very simple question.

I own the Futaba 4VF radio system for my Duraplane.

Because Duraplane does NOT tell you how to long to charge the Transmitter battery pack, I just dont know how long. The adapter has 2 red lights on it to indicate charge of either reciever or transmitter. When do I know my battery pack is adequately charged?

Do transmitter/reciever batteries suffer from "memory"? If they do I want to be careful in how I do this.

Thanks,

Forest
Old 02-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Battery Charing Help....

No, your batteries will not suffer from memory; that is an old wives tale that came about on some of the earliest satalite usage and missinterpretation of the data. However, it is a myth that seems to die hard. As to how to tell if your batteries are charged; it is not easy by any readily made measurements. The charger that came with your radio will not overcharge your batteries. Just leave it on the charge cycle for at least 12 to 16 hours the first charge or two. If you forget and leave it on longer, no harm will be done. From there on out, it is a good idea to have your batteries on charge overnight just before you go out to fly. Now, by saying you can not overcharge your batteries, if you left the charge on continiously for a few days, you could possible do some harm but; if the batteries did not get very warm to the touch, chances are that even then you won't harm them. If you really want to know about batteries, check out www.rcbatteryclinic.com. Red's advice there is very good and you will learn a lot. You will probably pick up more missinformation and downright false or distructive info if you listen to some of the stuff at the field and right here on this forum. When in doubt, go right to the source, most manufacturers have a web site and will give you good info.