Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Clancy Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:48 PM
FrancisPerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clancy Aviation

Where can I get a hold of Clancy Avaition Speedy Bee plans. Used to call Andy Clancy direct but that is not possible now days. Global distributes Clancy kits but not plans???

Francis
Old 01-07-2004, 08:36 PM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Clancy Aviation

www.rcmagazine.com has Speedy Bee plans.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
ScottP.

Check www.hobbypeople.net . They do have plans for all of Clancy's planes. Do a search for them. Just the other day I was going to order a set set for the speedy bee, but they were on backorder status.

Good Luck,

Scott
Old 01-09-2004, 07:17 PM
FrancisPerson

Thanks a lot Scottp

Francis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77707.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	89087  
Old 02-07-2004, 03:30 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Francis....tell me about your Stagger Bee!!!!! I just recieved my kit and I am waiting to finish a project so that will go on the board next. What size motor are you using? How does it handle in the air? Your photo looks great!
Old 02-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Red_barron419

Hey,

any body know where i can get some Baby Bee Plans?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:36 PM
FrancisPerson

Imsofaman,

I use a black Master Airscrew 8x6 prop on a OS .10 FP converted to diesel that turns 10,000RPM, two oz tank and 36 oz all up weight. Very good power! It is quiet with 21 inches of pipe to the rear of the plane and I did not remove the OS muffler mute. This long pipe means no mess and it only costs 200 RPM This plane is covered with Ultra Coat. A mini gyro is required to tame the strong ground looping tendencies of this aircraft.

Mine requires more rubber bands to keep the top wing tight than recomended. I used straight bamboo skewers for pushrods. I needed more weight in the nose to get a CG where the plane flys correctly. Yes, it does require all of the 6 degrees of right thrust that the plans show. Look at some of the attached pics.

Francis

Name:	By76561.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	98511  
Old 02-07-2004, 10:00 PM
imsofaman

Very impressive Francis!!!! OK....first question: When you convert the motor to diesel...do you use a special fuel? How does it differ from a glow head? I have been interested in deisel conversion but skeptical. The right angle thrust makes perfect sense.....the smaller the wing span....the more of a tendancy of left torque turning....right thrust angle is a must. You should see my electic Lazy Bee....very exagerated. Second question....the gyro was necessary? Do you use expo on your transmitter with low rates? What type of gyro did you use? JR ? I like your colors you chose for your plane. Looks awesome! I wanted to put on a .26 four stroke but worried that it may be two heavy and left tourque too much. What do you think? I also have a brand new Norvel .15 I was thinking about. Not sure....any opinion?
Old 02-07-2004, 11:31 PM
2thfxr

I was also searching for speedy bee kit/plans . A friend told me about the NEWBEE {www.adrianpage.com} which as a speedy bee gee bee cross. Check it out I have one on order. 2th fxr
Old 02-08-2004, 08:57 AM
imsofaman

I have one in the box....hoping to have it built before spring!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 AM
FrancisPerson

imsofaman,

The Norvel .15 is a perfect choice. Exponential is of some help but if you fly from pavement the gyro is necessary. Look at the tail photo and note that the surfaces are stitched. Look at how a baseball cover is stitched to see how. Keep the weight down. Mine is a bit heavy @ 34 oz. Go to RC Universe / engines forum / everything Diesel, for a wealth of diesel info and experienced diesel guys.

Francis

Name:	Sq45573.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	98618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60733.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	98619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55890.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	98620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48348.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	98621  
Old 02-08-2004, 10:36 AM
imsofaman

Francis....thanks so much for the detailed photos. The plane looks great insid and out! One of my flying fields has a paved runway. Hmmmm......the gyro may be necesary you think? That would be embarrasing just spinning around.......OK a gyro will be next! Thanks for the info on the diesel motors...I will check it out.

[link=http://home.att.net/~imsofaman/dave_surace_rc_homepage.htm]Dave Surace RC Homepage[/link]
Old 02-08-2004, 10:58 AM
imsofaman

I checked out the diesel section, sounds like more power.....higher rpms...but I worry about the smell, and the flamability of the ether mix. I keep my planes in the laundry room and my sweet wife has tolerated it so far. If I have a plane that reaks of ether, my hanger will be force to close! I will stay with the glow.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:56 PM
FrancisPerson

Imsofaman,

Go to http://www.davisdieseldevelopment.co...y/gallery6.htm to see how to avoid diesel fuel stink. I like diesel because its different. Your Norvel .15 glow will be a great engine for a Stagger Bee.

Francis
Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Red_barron419

HEy

Any body have BABY BEE PLANS???? i got lady bug plans, but i am still looking for baby bee plans, if you got em, drop me a line!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:43 PM
FrancisPerson

Default Lady Bug Plans

Red_barron419,

What is the difference between a Lady Bug and a Baby Bee?? My Lady Bug looks just like a 55% Lazy Bee!

I got Lady Bug plans from http://www.hobbypeople.net/ .
Look @ http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_61.../tm.htm#612708

Francis
Old 02-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Red_barron419

Default RE: Lady Bug Plans

well, to bee honest, i have never seen a Clancy Aviation product in person at all, only over the web, so i can only say this from gathered information

the Baby Bee is a Lazy Bee scalled down to about 55%, and the ladybug, i think came out before the baby bee, so as far as i know they could be the same things, but to me it looks like the lady bug has more park Flyer charariscts, but i really dont know, i would contace www.hobbypeople.net direct and ask them but i should be getting plans for a stagger bee and yard on 2-9-04, and the following week or so plans (from Iamsofaman) for a lazy bee, gyro bee, and bee floats, and posibly that same week plans for the lady bug. i cant realy tell the differance though.............................