Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Just one of those days.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 08:17 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just one of those days.

Well,here in the northeast the temps got above freezing finally and I had to get out and fly.I brought along my brand new Gee Bee 1.20 arf and my DPM ultimate ,both would be first test flights.I get the Gee Bee all together.Fire up the asp 1.20 fourstroke(great engine by the way) and take out to the runway.Run up the engine and get ready to.Add power,rolls about 20 feet and flips on it's back!ARRRGGHHH.Chews up the prop.Readjust the springs on the gear so they dont hit the wheel pants and use them as brakes.New prop,second attempt.Power up,takes off,motor kicks off the prop about 15 above the runway.Not enough speed yet.Full up elevator and it slams the pavement.Makes the landing gear into the prettiest pretzel you've ever seen and demolishes the wheels pants.It'll be another month before thats in the air.
Okay,try the ultimate out.Put it all together(30 minutes).Cant get the motor(saito 1.80) to start.Take the cowl off,stupid me ran the fuel lines wrong on the perry pump.Fix that,cowl back on,then the prop,spinner and it starts snowing.Oh man,sometimes I hate this hobby.Finish the day out at the local pub that happens to be on the field.

I'm feeling much better now
Old 03-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Silent J
My Feedback: (2)

Default Also just one of those days...

I get to the field on the most beautiful day Western Washington has seen for months. I put my Golberg Tiger 60 together and begin to fuel it up. Then the silicon tubing in my Six-Shooter pump bursts. What the...? Okay, no more pump. Another flyer offers me some fuel (gotta love the Model Breed) and begin fueling that. It's hard to pump and fuel squirts out of the connection. Then I realize my brain fart for the day. With a remote needle valve, I need to fuel it up from 'behind' the needle valve. Can't pump it through backwards I guess. Then a weird phenomenon with my radio. I turn on the transmitter and then the plane. All controls go to full travel and freeze. I have no control. So I turned everything off, ponder for a while, and turn it all back on again. It works. Cool! Must have been a weird glitch. So I pull out my antenae and the servos flip again. I put the antanae back in, it all works fine. Pull it out, freaky servos. Put it in, normal servos. Weird, no? Eventually it works fine after a while of fiddling with the transmitter, so I start it up and it flies great. Oh, and then when I booted up my computer when I got back, it had a "Serious Error". Just not a good day to touch electronics
Old 03-02-2003, 01:16 AM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

It rained here in Central Florida with the temp at between 75-80 degrees. Wind gusts up a little. I went to the flying field as I am the Facilities Chairman and wanted to checkout the grass around the flying field, well nobody was flying, but a few were waiting to see if the rain would stop. I admire you guys who will ignore the freezing cold weather just to get a couple flights in. We must be a little spoiled down here.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Bill L

Hey FL. WHAT IS GRASS?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I don't remember seing what I used to call grass since before Christmas. Here in Ohio every yard has a pile of white stuff in it, higher than the Average 1 story home in Florida.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks for the admiration, but we need some of that warmth. This has been the worst winter in some ways, on record, i.e. snowfall. And IT'S ALL STILL HERE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 11:03 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

I'm due for a vacation.I think it's time to pack up a bunch of planes and head south for a week and get some flying in.I usually dont fly a whole lot in the winter anyway,but this year has been horrible.I havent flown since well before christmas.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Any time that someone decides they want to slip down here for a week of flying I can romise you that if you let me know I can arrange for you to stay at someones house for that time. I have a spare bedroom and I'm sure that most of our members do too. This is what our fellowship is all about.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Postal; I just might take you up on that sometime!! I just need an electrical outlet and a hose connection( RV's rule for that kind of stuff!) and I'll be good to go. Freezing my butt off today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]